Derby to explore options into potential singing section

David

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only stand that didn't bounce yesterday was the north stand. Many in the west were joining in as well and received a 'well done' cheer from all of us in the south.

About 4;15 I nipped down to the concourse in the south stand to use the loo, must have been 200 people in the concourse, maybe some of them were part of the singing section.

3 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I know, it's ducking hard when you see the South Stand bouncing like yesterday and you're just sat on your arse with the grannies. I've said for a while now that I'd stick it out in the North Stand until the old couple next to me pass on, but I really don't want to miss out on this.

The other thing is I'll be spending a year abroad as part of my uni course in the 2020/21 season. That will be hard enough as it is (no Derby for a whole year) but I'd likely lose my seat in the singing section (if it takes off) for the following season as well.

Just trip them up or something ?

Obviously i’m joking.

4 hours ago, David said:

Derby County Football Club, are exploring options into a potential singing section in the Morley Hayes South Stand for the 2019/20 season and beyond.

The club recently met with representatives from Club 84, who expressed interest in generating more noise inside Pride Park Stadium, and are happy to explore potential options. 

Supporters are asked to register their interest in a potential signing area on the following form by midnight on Sunday 17th February 2019. 

Fans wishing to relocate to any potential area should still renew their Season Ticket or select an alternative seat and renew by Sunday 31st March 2019 to ensure they get their 2019/20 Season Ticket at the cheapest possible price.

Please note that any possible relocation can only be looked at once Period One of Season Ticket renewals closes on 31st March and fans currently seated in the Morley Hayes South Stand will not be asked to relocate; however if all fans don’t relocate in this area by 31st March it may allow space for a signing section to be formed.

For more information and to register your interest here: http://thera.ms/singing.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/amp/news/2019/02/derby-to-explore-options-into-potential-singing-section-at-pride-park-stadium?__twitter_impression=true

Anyone who puts in their time and effort for things like this gets a thumbs up from me????

Where do you sit if you want to check the Chelsea score, talk about Aguero's goal and Klopp's gengenpress.

I'm looking for somewhere I can shout "sort it out Lampard" and go crazy that Derby didn't get a throw when the ball touched the line. 

I'm kidding. What I really want is to be within coin throwing range of any player putting their arms behind their back while blocking or appealing for a decision instead of getting on with the game. 

53 minutes ago, philmycock said:

This singing section needs to be next to the Away fans, that's the Derby way, not right down near the West Stand.

It would probably be better in the middle so the noise spreads outwards to both sides and leave the away fan baiting to those of us experienced enough to know the words to the songs that wind up the oppo fans. 

1 hour ago, philmycock said:

This singing section needs to be next to the Away fans, that's the Derby way, not right down near the West Stand.

14 minutes ago, ossieram said:

It would probably be better in the middle so the noise spreads outwards to both sides and leave the away fan baiting to those of us experienced enough to know the words to the songs that wind up the oppo fans. 

Here's the problem. We can't even agree where the singing section should be!

You've got the old school who want to be next to the away fans in order to taunt them better, nowt wrong with that, that's how football should be.

Others who want to stand like on a terrace, the south stand offers that but that doesn't automatically mean you want to sing all match. 

Then a new group, who want to concentrate the singers into one area, but who will choose the songs? It's obviously being backed to some extent by the club, does that mean the songs will be toned down at the request of the club?

For instance, yesterday the South Stand led us all into starting the bounce, which worked well until it came to the North Stand. It's a bit much to ask a family stand to bounce unless you're a ducking red!

You can easily change the lyrics to jump and bounce, but does that take things too far?

7 hours ago, Norman said:

@Club84 @TomBustler1884

Where are all the flags we had a few years a go?

Storage?

Vast majority were either taken home by fans, or were disgusting and had to be binned after people left them on the floor in amongst drinks and food.

There are a few left which the club use - seen quite a few pre match in front of the east stand pre kick off.

14 hours ago, philmycock said:

I agree , if you created a "singing section " in the lower South stand next to the away fans . The top is already pretty much a singing section !

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, David said:

Obviously not enough people showing an interest or people are not willing to relocate out of the block earmarked.

I'd rather keep it as it is but just try and encourage more of the South standers to get involved when the chants start.

On 10/02/2019 at 14:00, David said:

Supporters are asked to register their interest in a potential signing area on the following form by midnight on Sunday 17th February 2019. 

Is this a special section for our deaf supporters to sign in unison? Steve Bloomers Watching would certainly be more fun then.

6 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Is this a special section for our deaf supporters to sign in unison? Steve Bloomers Watching would certainly be more fun then.

I think it’s a sign that autocorrect failed on this occasion!

The south stand is doing very at the moment I think. If we keep the momentum going we won’t need a singing section.

The east stand is bouncing off them too, and the west and north stands are joining in on request too. 

All’s good at the moment.

Archived