Title Race

North East Ram

10 points is a big gap to make up even with 17 games to go.  I think playoffs is more likely, but I would love us to go up through the autos. 

Of the teams above us based entirely on their performances against us I would like to see Shef Utd and Leeds in the top 2 (if we dont get it) as they have been the best teams I have seen against us this season. Also don't want them in the playoffs if we get there. Reckon we are in with a good chance against any of the other 4 teams though.

8 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Too many inconsistencies , unless new signings have a real impact think we will do well to stay in top six.Obviously play offs any ones for the taking but we blow to hot and cold .8th or above realistic, but forever a dreamer.

Nevermind staying in the top 6 - we've got to get back in first!

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 games in next 17 days.

3 very winnable league games where we really need 9 points to stay in touch with top 2.

A chance to get to cup quarter finals, with only two top 6 clubs remaining.

Away at Forest which could be season defining one way or the other.

Come March we could be within 3 points of promotion and playing Bristol City at home in quarter final.

Or we could have dropped below and improved Forest with playoffs disappearing.

If everyone gets fully behind the team, it will help.

1 hour ago, G-Ram said:

To be fair we’ve not put a run together all season. We are due a run of good form. We just seem to win a couple, lose a couple & then draw way too many

we’re due a 6 game winning streak ??

More than that we rarely put together a consistent 90 mins either. Most matches seem to have periods when we look awful, then look wonderful. When it clicks we are a joy to watch.

Probably due to having lots of young players and playing in a fairly high risk style. Maybe next season will be like Pep 2nd season at City!

We've shown very, very little to indicate we'll be within the top 2 come the end of the season. 

We have a chance, thanks to some hard work grinding results out and how the fixtures have fell, but we haven't played exceptionally well for anything more than 1-2 games at a time this season. It shows because we've only won 3 games on the bounce once this season, perhaps most agonisingly still, we've only won 2 games on the bounce twice this season. Six wins have been in isolation, with four immediately leading to losses. Forest have similar issues too, with their biggest winning streak being just two games. 

If we can go on a Hull/Bristol City type run now, we'll definitely be there or thereabouts, but we need to show we have that ability. 

1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

We've not yet shown ourselves to be good enough for top 2. We just don't score enough goals or consistently win games.

Norwich and Sheff U would be my choice.

In fact anyone is my choice except Leeds. 

I'd rather Forest went up than Leeds. 

I’d rather forest and Leeds blow up spectacularly actually 

norwich are the best football team this season and don’t discount Middlesbrough as they don’t generally let goals in which becomes rather important 

in terms of ourselves well we regularly let in certain types of goals and our midfield utterly disappears at times and our centre forward position is very reliant on Marriott being fit and on fire because Marriott and Wilson are our main goal threats.

we are without question a team in transition but we are still very capable of going on a very good run but recent history at this time of year suggests otherwise 

12 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Snakey was being quoted (on talksport I think) of saying he didn't think either Leeds or Norwich would finish in the top 2.

Just saying like....?

Gary knows his stuff.

Funny, cos his flirting and whoring his shitty CV on sky demonstrates that he’s fully aware of his waning reputation in the game.  

He’s basically a poor man’s Phil Brown 

45 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I’d rather forest and Leeds blow up spectacularly actually 

norwich are the best football team this season and don’t discount Middlesbrough as they don’t generally let goals in which becomes rather important 

in terms of ourselves well we regularly let in certain types of goals and our midfield utterly disappears at times and our centre forward position is very reliant on Marriott being fit and on fire because Marriott and Wilson are our main goal threats.

we are without question a team in transition but we are still very capable of going on a very good run but recent history at this time of year suggests otherwise 

One down, one to go!

Archived