Sign in to follow this  
Tim Bucktoo

Title Race

36 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Against which yardstick are measuring that we are underperforming though? The games against Man Utd or Southampton in the cup?

If you look at the Gaussian distribution of league performances this season the normal is probably a 6 out of 10 standard so this is the normal for us. 

Would be far more accurate to say that we need to increase our average level of performance from where it has been so far this season to have any chance of being in the top 6 come end of season but I would argue against saying we have been underperforming all season.

I didn't mean to suggest that we have been underperforming all season

50 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Pretty much agree with everything apart from the end of your second paragraph. Surely if their contracts are up and they're looking to renew then that should be enough motivation to put performances in, unless they're trying too hard and their form is suffering?

I would agree Rich if l thought Frank was open to renewal. FWIW I think he probably has already decided that they are not for him next season.

I think for a long while this summer has been seen as the clear out/ re start. A point we needed to get to. 

Good performances raised expectations, poor performances haven't lowered expectations and all that leads to is frustration.

7 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

I think for a long while this summer has been seen as the clear out/ re start. A point we needed to get to. 

Good performances raised expectations, poor performances haven't lowered expectations and all that leads to is frustration.

Why should the same players be allowed to lower our expectations?

Table looking slightly less pretty with Boro winning, however Bristol City don’t look up to much against Wolves.

I know they’ve been on a great run, but looking at their recent results they haven’t played any of the top 7 in that winning run. 

Norwich away next for them, so that will be their acid test.