Title Race

North East Ram

36 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Against which yardstick are measuring that we are underperforming though? The games against Man Utd or Southampton in the cup?

If you look at the Gaussian distribution of league performances this season the normal is probably a 6 out of 10 standard so this is the normal for us. 

Would be far more accurate to say that we need to increase our average level of performance from where it has been so far this season to have any chance of being in the top 6 come end of season but I would argue against saying we have been underperforming all season.

I didn't mean to suggest that we have been underperforming all season

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Pretty much agree with everything apart from the end of your second paragraph. Surely if their contracts are up and they're looking to renew then that should be enough motivation to put performances in, unless they're trying too hard and their form is suffering?

I would agree Rich if l thought Frank was open to renewal. FWIW I think he probably has already decided that they are not for him next season.

7 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

I think for a long while this summer has been seen as the clear out/ re start. A point we needed to get to. 

Good performances raised expectations, poor performances haven't lowered expectations and all that leads to is frustration.

Why should the same players be allowed to lower our expectations?

It’s surprising how things change, a few weeks ago we looked guaranteed a play off spot at worst. Now play offs look a distant dream. As it stands, we look also rans. This may just be the boost we need for Monday. I don’t think I’ve ever planned a trip to Nottingham with less expectation of success. We are poo at being top dog as we have proved, so underdogs may just be what we need. As long as Frank doesn’t have another meltdown over selection and pick a shocking team and formation, we may just pull off a shock

2 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Leeds look so full of energy

Somehow, Bielsa has turned that team from normal Leeds to super fit Leeds. And that has been their main threat this season. Their press and counter is relentless. We were at it for a couple of months but ultimately not as fit as they are. Thems can be the margins I suppose.

Archived