Title Race

North East Ram

21 minutes ago, Barnetbyram said:

To have not beaten any 1 of these sides is scandalous

how often do you hear experts say the beauty of the Championship is that any team can beat any team which is fairly accurate in the main,so why be surprised when it happens to Derby unfortunately we dont have a divine right no matter if we supporters often do.No doubt Norwich fans are saying the same after they got beat at Preston.the top 7 clubs have a combined total of 102 games i am certain at least 15% of the matches will be what could be classed as upsets.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TommyPowel said:

how often do you hear experts say the beauty of the Championship is that any team can beat any team which is fairly accurate in the main,so why be surprised when it happens to Derby unfortunately we dont have a divine right no matter if we supporters often do.No doubt Norwich fans are saying the same after they got beat at Preston.the top 7 clubs have a combined total of 102 games i am certain at least 15% of the matches will be what could be classed as upsets.

Ok I will reiterate........not beating any of those sides is not scandalous I accept the nature of the league and anyone can beat anyone blah blah.....what’s scandalous is how poorly we have played against those teams to deservedly come away without a win......and actually Preston are doing really quite well lately....Ipswich are poo

2 hours ago, Barnetbyram said:

Ok I will reiterate........not beating any of those sides is not scandalous I accept the nature of the league and anyone can beat anyone blah blah.....what’s scandalous is how poorly we have played against those teams to deservedly come away without a win......and actually Preston are doing really quite well lately....Ipswich are poo

At no point did i disagree with you that they played poorly.But i think the side he put out was done with the thought of 4 games in 12 games maybe Ipswich was viewed as an easier game than Brighton or Forest for that matter

1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

My number 2 son went with his Blades season ticket holder girlfriend to the match b Borough last night(he had no choice),said the Blades were brilliant and battered Boro.

They are playing well and have strengthened enough to go up.

Well thats his opinion, but thats based on one match.

We blew it last night, i still think we will get top 6 though. Top 2 will be tough now, we still have to go to Villa, Blackburn, Bristol, forest and Brentford. Norwich, sheff Utd or Leeds will get top 2, they have that little bit more quality and consistency. I will be very happy if we get top 6, I expected top 12 this season.

9 hours ago, lukedcfc said:

We blew it last night, i still think we will get top 6 though. Top 2 will be tough now, we still have to go to Villa, Blackburn, Bristol, forest and Brentford. Norwich, sheff Utd or Leeds will get top 2, they have that little bit more quality and consistency. I will be very happy if we get top 6, I expected top 12 this season.

So did I mate. 12 th I had us down for, but was expecting a different season of 2 halves - a struggle first half followed by improvement. Not the switchback little peaks and troughs.

thats the frustration isn’t it - we have seen patches of what this squad and team can do and every time we kick off we hope to see more....and are then disappointed if we don’t. But next kick off brings renewed hope.....?

12 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

My number 2 son went with his Blades season ticket holder girlfriend to the match b Borough last night(he had no choice),said the Blades were brilliant and battered Boro.

They are playing well and have strengthened enough to go up.

Was discussing this with a wednesdayite the other day. Thing is with United, and Leeds to a large extent is they have very settled squads with sensible investment, United also have a very settled manager. Leeds, Sheffield United and Norwich all had flashes last year but all cooled off before the end of the season. This season they pull of very ‘professional’ performances consistently and are deservedly up there.

I really don’t think this season is our year, but once the summer clearlut begins and a few more signings like we’ve seen come in and we could be a big force next year. This season we’ve had a massive lack of consistency in performances, summed up by the Ipswich match as we lack that ‘professional’ performance.

I can't say going up this year is the be all and end all. I know we are close enough to make auto's if we put a run together but personally I'd rather prioritise the cup.

I think Frank was right to rest Huddz as he believed bringing Lawrence and Johnson in would give us enough to overcome Ipswich and on paper it would of. But it turned out not to happen that way.

The way the cup has panned out we could well avoid a top club on the way to the final and then anything could happen. Brighton are beatable especially with March missing. 

I'm not saying it's going to be easy but it's certainly possible. Of course the draw could be cruel and we end up with City away next but I believe Frank looked at Brighton as the most important game this week and has rested player's accordingly.

COYR lets go for the cup.

9 hours ago, Stroker Ace said:

I can't say going up this year is the be all and end all. I know we are close enough to make auto's if we put a run together but personally I'd rather prioritise the cup.

I think Frank was right to rest Huddz as he believed bringing Lawrence and Johnson in would give us enough to overcome Ipswich and on paper it would of. But it turned out not to happen that way.

The way the cup has panned out we could well avoid a top club on the way to the final and then anything could happen. Brighton are beatable especially with March missing. 

I'm not saying it's going to be easy but it's certainly possible. Of course the draw could be cruel and we end up with City away next but I believe Frank looked at Brighton as the most important game this week and has rested player's accordingly.

Yes somewhere along the line is the inevitable humiliation at the hands of Manc City... 

9 hours ago, Stroker Ace said:

I can’t really see what Frank is prioritising? If he rested players for tomorrow on Wednesday than he needs his head testing in my opinion. The FA cup feels like a weekend off to be honest which is sad because I’m of an age we’re the FA cup weekends were very very exciting and meaningful back in the 70s, 80s and even the early 90s. I’m not dissing frank, I’m fully behind him and he can have all the time in the world. However I am concerned about his tinkering especially bringing players who haven’t featured for months

Hull on Saturday was our best performance for ages and he tinkered on Wednesday. We need a settled side now until the end of the season for every game and only change for injuries. Ipswich proved that to me. 

2 hours ago, Remy the hare said:

Hull on Saturday was our best performance for ages 

Really? First half wasn't much. Second half we got better, but i'm not sure where the 10 shots on target were.

We couldn't hit a barn door for most of it.

On 14/02/2019 at 01:13, Bob The Badger said:

Question to the admins. 

I know it's nice to be nice and all that, but there's a question when you join this group that is clearly designed to weed out non-Rams fans so wtf do you allow tools like the person in this thread to continue to post?

I'm here to talk with Derby fans personally. 

Don’t be such a boring bar steward. If you can’t handle a bit of aggro between fans of different clubs then you’re following the wrong sport.

And I suppose you never heard how @David and @Boycie first encountered each other...

56 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Don’t be such a boring bar steward. If you can’t handle a bit of aggro between fans of different clubs then you’re following the wrong sport.

And I suppose you never heard how @David and @Boycie first encountered each other...

No it wasn’t Undateable's before you start.

Archived