Title Race

North East Ram

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 points dropped by Brom certainly helps our cause,Bristol city lucky tonight but don't think they will be a threat for 2nd spot. Expected both teams to have taken all points tonight so Brom slipping up at home a bonus. Just need our lads to do their job tomorrow.

6 hours ago, vidukasbox said:

I get the feeling that's slight wishful thinking on your behalf.

We're 2 points behind top. A win tomorrow night will see us right on course.

Ta ta.

You seem to hang around in the shadows like some kind Nosferatu on here mate.

Well see won't we .  Thanks to the fellow Derby supporter - I say that loosely - for clapping our interloper . 

Going in to last night, it was hard to see any of West Brom, Bristol City, Birmingham OR Hull dropping points.

Last night has virtually (if you ask me) guaranteed that no one from below 7th is making the playoffs. Hull dropping 2 points against Rotherham will shell shock them. Their "run" is over (1 win in 5).

Same with Birmingham, to an extent. Dropping points at home to Bolton, at this stage, is a big loss for them. 

Forest are 4 points behind us, having played 2 more games.

Even if Villa or Swansea win tonight, as long as Derby also win they're 6 points off the playoffs having played more games.

Lets have, for tonight:

Brentford win

Derby win

Leeds draw with Swansea 

Preston win

Sheff Utd draw with Boro

Wigan win

Reading win

please?

10 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

You seem to hang around in the shadows like some kind Nosferatu on here mate.

Well see won't we .  Thanks to the fellow Derby supporter - I say that loosely - for clapping our interloper . 

Bet he thinks Nosferatu plays his football in Bucharest ! ???

2 hours ago, erathirea said:

Going in to last night, it was hard to see any of West Brom, Bristol City, Birmingham OR Hull dropping points.

Last night has virtually (if you ask me) guaranteed that no one from below 7th is making the playoffs. Hull dropping 2 points against Rotherham will shell shock them. Their "run" is over (1 win in 5).

Same with Birmingham, to an extent. Dropping points at home to Bolton, at this stage, is a big loss for them. 

Forest are 4 points behind us, having played 2 more games.

Even if Villa or Swansea win tonight, as long as Derby also win they're 6 points off the playoffs having played more games.

Lets have, for tonight:

Brentford win

Derby win

Leeds draw with Swansea 

Preston win

Sheff Utd draw with Boro

Wigan win

Reading win

please?

Who wants Leeds to draw?

So many permutations and ifs and buts

I would be happy if Franks policy is to ignore other results, forget about others’ run ins and to just take it one game at a time. Focus only on what we need to do in those games and to try to win every game . See where we end up - if we are good enough we will make the top six. If not, we wont.

Plus, we shouldnt look upon the last two matches against Bristol and West Brom with fear - those could be our get out of jail cards to get in the playoffs if we are just outside and these two are our closest challengers.

Either way it will still have been a good and memorable season with lots of optimism for the future.

56 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

I would be happy if Franks policy is to ignore other results, forget about others’ run ins and to just take it one game at a time. Focus only on what we need to do in those games and to try to win every game . See where we end up - if we are good enough we will make the top six. If not, we wont.

Plus, we shouldnt look upon the last two matches against Bristol and West Brom with fear - those could be our get out of jail cards to get in the playoffs if we are just outside and these two are our closest challengers.

Either way it will still have been a good and memorable season with lots of optimism for the future.

... And if we do need points from those last two games... and get them... imagine the confidence we'll have going in to the Play Offs!

I'm quite liking how this season is panning out!  :-)

2 hours ago, BobbyD said:

This is how I feel.  I can't get my head around all the various permutations and predictions at this stage of the season. 

We all know this is the Championship and unexpected results will happen.

I'm really enjoying this season and talk of must wins or easy games take away a little bit of that for me. 

I will just get behind the team each game and see where it takes us.

3 hours ago, erathirea said:

Maintains the massive gap to 8th whilst getting us closer to 2nd ?

Safety Net +Brass Rings!

Don't think we have to worry about teams below us,the only way should be up with our fixture list, much prefer the teams above us to drop points 

This thread has got me all excited for our game against Ipswich. I feel like if we can win our games in hand (if which Ipswich is sort of one, seeing as quite a few others played last night), then we’re right in the mix. Basically, in my head, if we can muller Ipswich and move ahead of Bristol, we’ve won the league.

Watch us have a stinker this evening now, and bring me right back down to Earth. 

38 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

This thread has got me all excited for our game against Ipswich. I feel like if we can win our games in hand (if which Ipswich is sort of one, seeing as quite a few others played last night), then we’re right in the mix. Basically, in my head, if we can muller Ipswich and move ahead of Bristol, we’ve won the league.

Watch us have a stinker this evening now, and bring me right back down to Earth. 

I am more optimistic about promotion than previous seasons,even though I don't think we have been higher than fourth and lurking in the top 6 for most of the season.Last year we were up to 2nd before the  wheels dropped off.We really haven't been in a good run of wins or played consistently all season yet find ourselves with a ( on paper) easier run in than the teams above us.Other than Leeds and Norwich I don't see anyone any better than us so would be confident in the play offs.This could be a great chance to go up starting at Ipswich tonight and it could get very tight for 2nd spot over the next few games.COYR.

Archived