Title Race

North East Ram

14 minutes ago, Charlie Dram said:

Indeed Vulcan, a slightly facetious remark on my account. All meant in good faith I assure you.

I was but a small boy back then but heard all about them from my dad. I can't hold the same feelings as you having not experienced it first hand, although I assure you they're 2nd on my list of 'non grata' clubs. 

As you were shaped by that period, for me it was the late 70s / early 80s and the subsequent 'in your face' supporters as the inbreds were enjoying success under Cloughie whilst we struggled and ended up in Division 3.

I don't enjoy the banter, never have. It was all too one sided during my formative years. 

I now work in N********m and out of a workforce of over 500 I'm an extremely lonely Ram.????

Charlie Dram... What a guy! 

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Charlie Dram said:

Indeed Vulcan, a slightly facetious remark on my account. All meant in good faith I assure you.

I was but a small boy back then but heard all about them from my dad. I can't hold the same feelings as you having not experienced it first hand, although I assure you they're 2nd on my list of 'non grata' clubs. 

As you were shaped by that period, for me it was the late 70s / early 80s and the subsequent 'in your face' supporters as the inbreds were enjoying success under Cloughie whilst we struggled and ended up in Division 3.

I don't enjoy the banter, never have. It was all too one sided during my formative years. 

I now work in N********m and out of a workforce of over 500 I'm an extremely lonely Ram.????

Sad times. Look hard, there will be other Rams among you. There always are.  

3 hours ago, Charlie Dram said:

A bit like being the only person with no VD, excessive webbing on toes and having two opposable thumbs are also crosses Rams in Nottingham workplaces often have to bear. It can seem rough (I went through a redundancy process in an office of forest fans back in 2010...grim times)

33 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

A bit like being the only person with no VD, excessive webbing on toes and having two opposable thumbs are also crosses Rams in Nottingham workplaces often have to bear. It can seem rough (I went through a redundancy process in an office of forest fans back in 2010...grim times)

I work in an office in Nottingham.

However I sit between a Notts County fan and a Mansfield fan, opposite a Burton fan, and on the same desk as both an American Football fan and a German who supports Leipzig.

It's not quite your "typical" 'banter' community...

18 minutes ago, erathirea said:

However I sit between a Notts County fan and a Mansfield fan, opposite a Burton fan, and on the same desk as both an American Football fan and a German who supports Leipzig.

Variety is the spice of life as they say. Although Burton fans had good times against us.....

49 minutes ago, erathirea said:

Sounds pretty cramped.

17 minutes ago, Malagaram said:

Who will be cheering for forest tonight,if they win we are in theory 3 points nearer to West Brom,but forest will be 3 points nearer to us,and also a win for QPR wont do us any harm

Don't think I can quite bring myself to *cheer* for them.

I'd like them to draw, and both teams to get 3-4 players sent off.

What?

Also would like wins for Bolton, Rotherham and QPR.

9 minutes ago, erathirea said:

Don't think I can quite bring myself to *cheer* for them.

I'd like them to draw, and both teams to get 3-4 players sent off.

What?

Also would like wins for Bolton, Rotherham and QPR.

Yes on hindsight a draw would be a good result for us,with a few red cards .

On 11/02/2019 at 16:12, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

if the teams behind win there game in hand they'll only be 4-5 points of 7th.  I feel a drop is coming .  Might even have a cheeky bet on them falling out of the play off spots.

I get the feeling that's slight wishful thinking on your behalf.

We're 2 points behind top. A win tomorrow night will see us right on course.

Ta ta.

5 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

RadioactiveWaste.. What a guy! ?

Archived