Title Race

North East Ram

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Its a conspiracy against Leeds by the deep state.............!

The conspiracy is to prolongue the agony. Like a good dominatrix, running a fine line between pleasure and pain. Before they miss out on promotion on the last day. 

A last minute equaliser always feels like a win, and you go home happy. But in the cold light of day, it’s 2pts dropped. 

Mind you, Sheffield had the same problem. If everyone can keep drawing against everyone else like that, the door might just be left open for us. 

Baggies winning. It’s so tight.

BTW - i noticed Gayle celebrated with that sort of weird ‘talking into a pretend phone made out of your hand’ thing. 

Does anyone know what it means? Give a call?

Some also do that crappy shaking your hand near the ear thing. What’s that?

Giles Barnes used to do it over 10 years ago, so in a game of quickly forgotten gimmicks, why are these 2 so enduring? 

(besides footballers being a little bit dim at times)

(not all of them...!)

Do you reckon they do it but don’t actially know why?

6 hours ago, toddy said:

What we buy 15 new players??

Promotion or not we will need to buy 15 new players either way.

10 out of contract (assuming they all leave) and 3 loanees leaving + 2 extra.

Either way next seasons squad is going to be so different !!

36 minutes ago, gfs1ram said:

Haven't we been saying for a couple of years now that we have a bloated squad? More likely 13 out and 10 in.

1 hour ago, gfs1ram said:

Let's hope we don't need a new manager

On 08/02/2019 at 21:17, Topram said:

I can’t see Sheff united falling like they did last year I think they might sneak up in second 

I think they have quite a few of their players on high numbers on bookings, so they could be missing matches with bans. Take Sharp out with an long term injury and they would struggle. I know Mcgoldrick has got 11 goals but the rest of the squad have hardly scored. The Rams on the other hand have 9 players in their squad who have scored more than once. On top of that they still have to play M'boro, WBA, Leeds, Bristol from the current top 6. They also have a Sheffield derby to play and travel to Stoke for their last game of the season. I think they might hang on to a top 6 finish, but not in the top 2.

3 hours ago, ram1964 said:

We are more than capable of winning the play offs if necessary as long as we hit from ,hopefully Cole and King will help improve confidence within the squad and we can go all the way starting at Ipswich.

We need to get into the playoffs first 

The title race, the top 7 and who they have got to play in the current top half of the table. Leeds have=Swansea,WBA,Bristol,Sheff utd, Birmingham and Villa. Norwich=Bristol,Swansea,Hull,M'boro,Blackburn and Villa. Sheffield utd=M'boro,WBA,Leeds,Bristol,Forest,Hull and Birmingham. WBA=Forest,Villa,Sheff utd,Leeds,Swansea,Birmingham,Bristol,Hull and Derby.Middlesbrough=Sheff utd,Blackburn,Villa,Hull,  Norwich,Bristol,Swansea and Forest. Bristol=Norwich,Birmingham,Leeds,Sheff utd,M'boro,WBA,Villa,Hull and Derby. The Rams have Forest, Villa,Swansea,Blackburn,Birmingham,Bristol and WBA. I have gone as far down as 13th(Blackburn) on 43 pts because they are only 7 points off a play off place.

I have noticed since Leeds beat us and spygate they have drawn 1 and lost 3(one of those in the cup) and have won none. So based on Leeds don't spy any more, Sheff utd have still 4 of the current top 6 to play, Bristol have won 8 games on the bounce and are due some poor form, M'boro draw too many games and don't score enough goals. I think Norwich will go up in 1st place and the other automatic place down to WBA or Derby.

Archived