Title Race

North East Ram

The facts are, nobody has a clue how the table will end up. Those that make the auto's or go up through the play-offs are good enough to go up (whether they're good enough to stay up is another matter and largely influenced by the summer transfer window). 

Agreed, we haven't shown much yet but two months ago who would have expected Bristol to be in the play-off places and Hull to be in the chasing pack? 

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beginning of the season top 3 prediction

• West brom
  • villa
  • leeds

Derby 5th

Its turning out to be a great title race - impossible to call.

norwich and Sheff united seem to have the consistency.  Bristol city are the surprise package.

Boro v leeds and stoke v west brom are two big games today.

We've got to start winning our home games - starting v hull.

All this talk of us being too 2 is very, very premature. I’m as optimistic as they come, but I’d be very pleased with top 6. I think that’s totally realistic though. We’ve had some difficult fixture runs this season, but now that’s going to pay dividends with some easier runs. The fact that we’re in touch after all that puts us in a great position in the pack, we’ve only got ourselves to blame now if we can’t go on a run and consolidate our position in the top 6. There is definitely a top 7 starting to break away, especially if everyone gets results with their games in hand, so someone is going to miss out. But it won’t be us. 

Now im mostly concerned about who will go up automatically, in terms of who we’ll avoid in the play offs. 

If we don’t win the playoffs, it’s still a great achievement this season for a rookie manager and a young squad. I’m very excited for next season either way. 

15 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

That may be the most stupid thing I’ve read all day

Think about it: The window opens May 7, teams will do business immediately, if they know whats happening for next season. If we get involved with play offs we can't realistically do business until June1. All best deals will be done and dusted. Every year teams promoted via play offs complain they are too late for top players and the failures from the play offs say the same thing at their level.

13 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Think about it: The window opens May 7, teams will do business immediately, if they know whats happening for next season. If we get involved with play offs we can't realistically do business until June1. All best deals will be done and dusted. Every year teams promoted via play offs complain they are too late for top players and the failures from the play offs say the same thing at their level.

Any sensible manager would have irons in the fire for either eventuality, ready to push the button as soon as we know our fate. The only person I’ve ever heard moan about this is Billy Davies. He didn’t have irons in the fire, cos he was angling for the sack from the moment we won the play offs. 

1 minute ago, TigerTedd said:

Any sensible manager would have irons in the fire for either eventuality, ready to push the button as soon as we know our fate. The only person I’ve ever heard moan about this is Billy Davies. He didn’t have irons in the fire, cos he was angling for the sack from the moment we won the play offs. 

He did have a couple of irons in the fire, Ned Kelly's and where he was going on holiday. 

18 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

So you’d willingly give up the chance for promotion for a couple of extra weeks in the transfer window? Then you have a much different view on football than me, any chance at promotion and we bloody well take it, we won’t have problems getting players in

16 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Moans about being late to the market after spending three weeks arguing about his contract......

2 hours ago, ossieram said:

We only have to do it once.

We don't even need to do it once do we? Last game is on a Sunday v WBA.

I can just imagine the outcry from West Brom fans when we replace them in the top two on the final day of the season (similar to when we beat them in the play off final). 

Archived