Title Race

North East Ram

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

You seem to hang around in the shadows like some kind Nosferatu on here mate.

Well see won't we .  Thanks to the fellow Derby supporter - I say that loosely - for clapping our interloper . 

Well we won, and we're top of the league, so.. 

Promotion will be so, so sweet with every other team willing us to fail. 

7 minutes ago, vidukasbox said:

Do you have ought else to do mate or do you live on here rent free.   Your lot are like that boring bloke you met for ten minutes,,twenty years ago .  All of a sudden they randomly tap you on the shoulder on a night out and hang around with you till 3 in the morning.

Yawnnnnnn

2 hours ago, vidukasbox said:

Dude if you're on another teams fan board gloating in February, then you could be mainlining honey and it wouldn't quite hit the spot on the sweetness front. 

Teams hope you fail in the same way the rest of the world hope Argentina fail, because you're loathed. I remember 1975 when the entire country was pulling for a German team over you ffs.

And the reason you're loathed is because of shunts like you.

biggest city in England with only one club and your support is mediocre at best when you're not doing well.

Leeds? I've hit 'em

4 hours ago, vidukasbox said:

I really want you to win the league....we aren't going to that is for sure and I quite like Leeds as a club and its a great city.

So, I like to look at the average points against individual teams once we've played them twice. 

So far, across the games played against teams we've played twice (Reading, Leeds, Ipswich, Preston, Hull, Sheff Utd, Boro, Norwich), we are averaging 1.8 points per game.

If that were to continue, we'd probably struggle for the playoffs.

However, we've picked up at least 4 points against all of those teams except Sheff Utd (3), Boro (2) and Leeds (0). If that trend were to continue, our average would pick up and is simply currently skewed by, mainly, our two losses to Leeds.

Because of this, the Millwall game is somewhat important. They're a team that we currently have gained 0 points against, and really need a win to bring our average up. In fact, our next 3 games are against teams we failed to beat at the first attempt (Forest, Villa). It's an important period not just because of who they are.

Realistically the title race was over last year.

We are certainly not good enough to win the autos and at the momemt not even good enough for the play offs.

My real concern is that the best players we have are not ours, they will be returning to their clubs after this season ends. So we have to buy premiership quality players in the summer or loan again just to be where we currently are, and we are not good enough now.

Maybe we need a mass clear out during the summer and bring in quality not quantity.

COYR

Other than for a week or two around October, when I let myself get carried away, l have never thought this team were good enough to get a top two place. We are far too inconsistent, and rely on a few moments of individual magic to get us points.

We should however be good enough for 5th or 6th, and we need to keep chipping away averaging 2 points per game to season end.  I think we can do that.  If we can get into the playoffs then it’s anybody’s call - we seem to play better in ‘cup ties’.  Think we will play well Saturday.

33 minutes ago, toddy said:

Realistically the title race was over last year.

We are certainly not good enough to win the autos and at the momemt not even good enough for the play offs.

My real concern is that the best players we have are not ours, they will be returning to their clubs after this season ends. So we have to buy premiership quality players in the summer or loan again just to be where we currently are, and we are not good enough now.

Maybe we need a mass clear out during the summer and bring in quality not quantity.

COYR

You probably missed it, but half the squad’s contracts expire in the summer. The mass clear out pretty much sorts itself out, and I’m acrually really pleased with how FL had gone about orepesring for it, by buying in players that won’t necessarily bed in completely this season, but will be ready next season. Rather than panicking this summer and having to buy a whole new squad of players. 

Loans don’t concern me. It’s not like they’re the only loanable players of quality in the world. We got Mount, Wilson and Tomori based on zero track record, and no guarantees they’d get decent game time. So Chelsea and Liverpool took a bit of an educated punt on derby and frank being the right place and person. Working under frank has done wonders for these guys, and top clubs are going to be clambering over themselves to give us their best players to replace them (if we don’t get them straight back). 

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

So, I like to look at the average points against individual teams once we've played them twice. 

So far, across the games played against teams we've played twice (Reading, Leeds, Ipswich, Preston, Hull, Sheff Utd, Boro, Norwich), we are averaging 1.8 points per game.

If that were to continue, we'd probably struggle for the playoffs.

However, we've picked up at least 4 points against all of those teams except Sheff Utd (3), Boro (2) and Leeds (0). If that trend were to continue, our average would pick up and is simply currently skewed by, mainly, our two losses to Leeds.

Because of this, the Millwall game is somewhat important. They're a team that we currently have gained 0 points against, and really need a win to bring our average up. In fact, our next 3 games are against teams we failed to beat at the first attempt (Forest, Villa). It's an important period not just because of who they are.

Against Millwall away Rotherham away Bolton away and Ipswich away we totally lacked any kind of invention or quality and one point out of twelve is why we will always struggle to really trouble the top six 

I also don’t think we actually play our best players in these games one way or an other 

16 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

This thread has got me all excited for our game against Ipswich. I feel like if we can win our games in hand (if which Ipswich is sort of one, seeing as quite a few others played last night), then we’re right in the mix. Basically, in my head, if we can muller Ipswich and move ahead of Bristol, we’ve won the league.

Watch us have a stinker this evening now, and bring me right back down to Earth. 

Ho hum, back down to Earth with a bump. I almost wish our run in was actually against all top 6 teams. I’m starting to think we will need to win our last two, and that we probably will. 

Lots of twists and turns still to come in this season. 

7 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Against Millwall away Rotherham away Bolton away and Ipswich away we totally lacked any kind of invention or quality and one point out of twelve is why we will always struggle to really trouble the top six 

I also don’t think we actually play our best players in these games one way or an other 

To have not beaten any 1 of these sides is scandalous

Archived