A massive Thankyou to all

NottsRam77

This is hard to write and despite popping on here last few weeks to post on derby related stuff Iv avoided doing this, but it’s something I need to do.

Some of u will remember last sep/Oct I put out a plea for help with funding to help my dad get sirts to help him continue his brave fight against his bowel cancer.

sadly he lost his brave fight against it and passed away Sunday the 16th of December.

what I want to say on behalf of our family is an absolutely massive and unreserved thankyou to everyone that supported us, there were lots of u from here, kind words, messages of support, donations, everything. It was simply overwhelming and It all meant so much in our darkest hour.

we laid him to rest in front of a packed church (he’d have loved the fact it was Sell out crowd) buried in his favourite title winning derby shirt and and rams scarf.

as I said thankyou to all, we really can’t emphasise how much it lifted him seeing such kindness from his fellow rams 

a big thankyou too to Dave for letting me put the post up in he first place 

god bless u all.x

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just as a side note 

I can’t make tomorrow’s game and so our season tickets are going spare for the game

2 adult 

funnily there ain’t much of clamour amongst my red dog mates for spare derby tickets 

so as a gesture of a appreciation if anyone wants them for the game they’re there for u to have 

don’t want anything for them, 

I live south nottingham around Bingham / Radcliffe/ cotgrave.

But I could drive over to West Bridgford If someone wants to borrow them for the game 

I honestly don’t mind doing that I’d rather see them used than go to waste 

message me if your interested 

Sorry for your loss mate but for what it's worth, it sounds like your dad had a grand send off and I'm pleased that the DCFC family's support was helpful during a difficult time for you and yours. Sometimes we argue like kids on here (I'm as bad as anyone!) but then there are a lot of really thoughtful and kind folk who are so quick to rally round anyone having a hard time of things. I'm always proud to be a Derby fan but never more so than on those occasions where the genuine kindness of fellow Rams rings loud and clear. 

6 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Sorry for your loss mate but for what it's worth, it sounds like your dad had a grand send off and I'm pleased that the DCFC family's support was helpful during a difficult time for you and yours. Sometimes we argue like kids on here (I'm as bad as anyone!) but then there are a lot of really thoughtful and kind folk who are so quick to rally round anyone having a hard time of things. I'm always proud to be a Derby fan but never more so than on those occasions where the genuine kindness of fellow Rams rings loud and clear. 

So so so true mate 

Makes me proud to be a ram 

3 minutes ago, 86 points said:

I couldn't put it more eloquently than this. Best wishes to you and your family at this difficult time.

So sorry to hear that @NottsRam77

It's good that you have so many strong memories as you come to terms with your loss and I am pleased we played a very small part in offering your dad some comfort at that time.

I hope you can continue to enjoy the football as a memory and a reminder of the good times you spent together.

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Just as a side note 

I can’t make tomorrow’s game and so our season tickets are going spare for the game

2 adult 

funnily there ain’t much of clamour amongst my red dog mates for spare derby tickets 

so as a gesture of a appreciation if anyone wants them for the game they’re there for u to have 

But I could drive over to West Bridgford If someone wants to borrow them for the game 

so sorry to hear about your dad mate , my thoughts are with you

3 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Just as a side note 

2 adult 

Sorry to hear your sad news mate.

Great offer with the season tickets, but you don't have to physically give them the cards, if they have your customer number they can pop in the ticket office and get tickets printed off, costs a pound I think. 

Sorry for your loss Notts!

I lost my mum to the cruel disease aswell way to young and I understand what you are going through, I found this place quite in dark times aswell, always something to make you smile ! Keep talking about him and remember all the great times with your dad, not the last few months !

Up the rams

Archived