Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ghost of Clough

Sunderland Till I Die

Recommended Posts

Has anyone watch this TV series on Netflix? It’s a documentary during their 17/18 season. I can’t help but feel out club went through exactly the same problems as them when we returned to the Championship. 

Half way through the second episode the scouts went to Scunthorpe to watch Duane Holmes. The verdict being “better out there”. 

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Has anyone watch this TV series on Netflix? It’s a documentary during their 17/18 season. I can’t help but feel out club went through exactly the same problems as them when we returned to the Championship. 

Half way through the second episode the scouts went to Scunthorpe to watch Duane Holmes. The verdict being “better out there”. 

Knowing Sunderland didn't want him makes me more excited about his future.

Share this post


Link to post

It is excellent.

A few bits of Derby interest.

Chris Martin's move...he was never going to go there, his agent totally played them to get him a move.

Luke Steele almost joining us.....and he looked absolutely rubbish in every clip it shows.

And the list the scouts come up with.... Will Hughes on it... so looks like he was available for a loan last season.

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

It is excellent.

A few bits of Derby interest.

Chris Martin's move...he was never going to go there, his agent totally played them to get him a move.

Luke Steele almost joining us.....and he looked absolutely rubbish in every clip it shows.

And the list the scouts come up with.... Will Hughes on it... so looks like he was available for a loan last season.

The Will Hughes bit made me laugh as he’d only just joined Watford yet they thought they could get him on loan. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

The Will Hughes bit made me laugh as he’d only just joined Watford yet they thought they could get him on loan. 

Didn't he break into Watford team, score a couple of good goals then get injured before being a mainstay this season...

Share this post


Link to post

Half way through the 3rd episode, it's pretty fascinating stuff, although the fans are their own worst enemy, losing their collective minds over a 5-0 friendly defeat to Celtic in pre-season.  Can't help the players confidence going into the season.

Also I read one review that likened the CEO to David Brent, but so far he's come across as a fairly level headed kinda chap, doing his best in difficult circumstances.  Still, there's plenty of episodes for that to change 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.