Sign in to follow this  
Ghost of Clough

Sunderland Till I Die

Has anyone watch this TV series on Netflix? It’s a documentary during their 17/18 season. I can’t help but feel out club went through exactly the same problems as them when we returned to the Championship. 

Half way through the second episode the scouts went to Scunthorpe to watch Duane Holmes. The verdict being “better out there”. 

17 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Has anyone watch this TV series on Netflix? It’s a documentary during their 17/18 season. I can’t help but feel out club went through exactly the same problems as them when we returned to the Championship. 

Half way through the second episode the scouts went to Scunthorpe to watch Duane Holmes. The verdict being “better out there”. 

Knowing Sunderland didn't want him makes me more excited about his future.

It is excellent.

A few bits of Derby interest.

Chris Martin's move...he was never going to go there, his agent totally played them to get him a move.

Luke Steele almost joining us.....and he looked absolutely rubbish in every clip it shows.

And the list the scouts come up with.... Will Hughes on it... so looks like he was available for a loan last season.

17 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

It is excellent.

A few bits of Derby interest.

Chris Martin's move...he was never going to go there, his agent totally played them to get him a move.

Luke Steele almost joining us.....and he looked absolutely rubbish in every clip it shows.

And the list the scouts come up with.... Will Hughes on it... so looks like he was available for a loan last season.

The Will Hughes bit made me laugh as he’d only just joined Watford yet they thought they could get him on loan. 

3 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

The Will Hughes bit made me laugh as he’d only just joined Watford yet they thought they could get him on loan. 

Didn't he break into Watford team, score a couple of good goals then get injured before being a mainstay this season...

Half way through the 3rd episode, it's pretty fascinating stuff, although the fans are their own worst enemy, losing their collective minds over a 5-0 friendly defeat to Celtic in pre-season.  Can't help the players confidence going into the season.

Also I read one review that likened the CEO to David Brent, but so far he's come across as a fairly level headed kinda chap, doing his best in difficult circumstances.  Still, there's plenty of episodes for that to change