Armchair Managers

ronnieronalde

"Fans of French side Avant Garde Caennaise can't chant "You don't know what you're doing" at the manager, because they'd be singing it at themselves.

Julien Le Pen is boss of the team, in the sixth tier of French football, and the 33-year-old has plenty of company on the sidelines.

Decisions such as the team line-up, in-game tactics and substitutions are decided by more than 2,000 virtual managers - this is like the Football Manager simulation game in real life."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46309834

Thoughts?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

"Fans of French side Avant Garde Caennaise can't chant "You don't know what you're doing" at the manager, because they'd be singing it at themselves.

Julien Le Pen is boss of the team, in the sixth tier of French football, and the 33-year-old has plenty of company on the sidelines.

Decisions such as the team line-up, in-game tactics and substitutions are decided by more than 2,000 virtual managers - this is like the Football Manager simulation game in real life."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46309834

Thoughts?

Just copying Ebbesfleet. They did it years ago. 

2 hours ago, Parsnip said:

I bet Keogh wouldn't have taken any of those penalties.

Ha Ha... Good Point!  What do we fans know, eh?

I can't deny I was nervous (to say the least!) when he stepped up at OT.  Not so much at Southampton, but it was still a relief when it went in... I think the relief was more for his sake than mine, if truth be told!

I manage like 3 people at work and getting them to perform in a cohesive manner is basically impossible. Can't imagine what it's like with a squad of players and all the background staff ? 

I think getting a committee of people at home to make decisions without personally knowing any of the players or their character will be a disaster but I'm curious how it turns out.

14 hours ago, SaintRam said:

I manage like 3 people at work and getting them to perform in a cohesive manner is basically impossible. Can't imagine what it's like with a squad of players and all the background staff ? 

I think getting a committee of people at home to make decisions without personally knowing any of the players or their character will be a disaster but I'm curious how it turns out.

You are playing this all wrong. If you're married hint at the problem to the wife. She'll tell you what to do, as women always do. It'll end in tears of course and it will still be all your fault, but you won't have had to waste good drinking time thinking about the issue.

Archived