Efe Ambrose - Signed on short term deal

Fraser_23

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, RamsFan10 said:

Still really struggling to see an ounce of logic behind loaning out Pearce, can’t be wages as since then we’ve signed 2 (now 3) players. Franks interviews seemed to suggest it was a reward for being such a profession. As nice as that is, having a good CB cover is more important. Pearce is a good championship centre half, the decision to loan him out was beyond stupid. 

Think as far as Lampard was concerned, he was probably confident of bringing Pennington in until Ipswich dug their heels in - àn upgrade on Pearce in his view. When that didn't happen it was so late in the window that we were left up the creek without the proverbial paddle. I reckon this is just a signing to see us through to the end of the season - wouldn't surprise me to see Keogh and Tomori play very fame between now and May.

5 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Think as far as Lampard was concerned, he was probably confident of bringing Pennington in until Ipswich dug their heels in - àn upgrade on Pearce in his view. When that didn't happen it was so late in the window that we were left up the creek without the proverbial paddle. I reckon this is just a signing to see us through to the end of the season - wouldn't surprise me to see Keogh and Tomori play very fame between now and May.

Very fame? ........is this a cunning new system ?

For everyone already moaning about him ...

“He made 168 appearances for Celtic helping the club to win four Scottish Premiership titles, the Scottish Cup and the Scottish League Cup. He also played in the Champions' League.”  

... We’ve not got many players with a trophy cabinet like that. 

8 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Little bit early to say this is just to the end of the season, he has had a decent career up north and playing for Nigeria means he no mug, we do miss a defender who can bully forwards and get his head to the ball, this guy could be the missing link

give him a chance 

3 hours ago, admira said:

“He made 168 appearances for Celtic helping the club to win four Scottish Premiership titles, the Scottish Cup and the Scottish League Cup. He also played in the Champions' League.”  

Our squad would win all that in Scotland.. hell we could send a dcfcfans XI and win all that! 

For the record I’ve only ever heard of him from Africa cup of nations so have no input on if he’s any good or not.

Effing Ambrose, love him already. Seemed to get hold off by Lennon for sloppy mistakes (saw him quoted as saying has always got one in him!) And then praised for his quality.  Probably best we could have of the out of contract CBs, play him against bruiser forwards, strap yourself in and enjoy the ride.

3 hours ago, admira said:

To be fair that doesn't mean a lot....my gran would look quite decent playing up there...but he has my total support if he joins us. We need some cover there.

I'm a little bit ambivalent about this transfer. On the one hand Ambrose hasn't looked great when I've seen him play, on the other hand I know Chris Sutton has a massive hate boner for the guy and Chris Sutton is possibly the worst pundit around and manages to be consistently wrong about everything.

I have no idea if we are actually signing him?

the Celtic supporters I know who actually watch them just laugh at him because he was to them what Keogh is to some of our supporters - so there’s good and bad to be had it seems 

free signing and cover for the rest of the season and maybe longer who knows 

Pearce played in a FA cup game for Millwall but nothing noticeable since - strange in many ways but we are where we are 

Archived