Efe Ambrose - Signed on short term deal

Fraser_23

48 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Am in Nigeria at the moment as an observer of the big national elections this weekend. Thankfully I am in Abuja the capital so unlikely to see violence.  Many Nigerians are incredibly knowledgeable about British football (the Premier League matches are on in hotels and bars all the time and some championship matches). Most of those I've talked to are either Chelsea or Arsenal ( in the 1990s it was Liverpool and Man U). But everyone appears to know about Ambrose going to Derby plus Tomori. I've been bought several beers on the strength of the fact I'm a Rams supporter!

sounds like an interesting experience! 

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Am in Nigeria at the moment as an observer of the big national elections this weekend. Thankfully I am in Abuja the capital so unlikely to see violence.  Many Nigerians are incredibly knowledgeable about British football (the Premier League matches are on in hotels and bars all the time and some championship matches). Most of those I've talked to are either Chelsea or Arsenal ( in the 1990s it was Liverpool and Man U). But everyone appears to know about Ambrose going to Derby plus Tomori. I've been bought several beers on the strength of the fact I'm a Rams supporter!

While you are out there, can you call and see the finance minister, some funds need transferring into my account, but I think they taken some out instead of putting some in.

Simple mistake, I’m sure he’ll sort it.

55 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

I wonder if you are being bought several beers on the strength of the fact that you are observer of the national elections. Count your fingers before you leave.

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I wonder if you are being bought several beers on the strength of the fact that you are observer of the national elections. Count your fingers before you leave.

They fill the ballot boxes when he nips for a slash from all these free pints.

They’re norras green as they are cabbage lookin.

2 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

Have you met the prince and his family yet??

3 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

Am watching the game in one of the bars in the Nikon Luxury hotel along with a gaggle of locals. A different game on each of the TVs. Got a big bottle of Star and a bowl of chin chin. Upstairs is a bar which I misheard as the Horse bar. Apparently it's the whores bar. 

34 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Am watching the game in one of the bars in the Nikon Luxury hotel along with a gaggle of locals. A different game on each of the TVs. Got a big bottle of Star and a bowl of chin chin. Upstairs is a bar which I misheard as the Horse bar. Apparently it's the whores bar. 

Easy mistake to make. Don't accept any invitations to give riding lessons ?

I reckon yous will fall in love with Efe very quickly, to be honest I still haven't gotten over him leaving.

He will always have the occasional Efe moment when he thinks he's George Best and makes you poo yourself but 99% of the time he could be playing with a cigar and slippers, everything just looks so effortless. He's a brilliant defender and his ability to start an attack from the back is something we have sorely missed since he's left and think it'll be a long time before we have a defender capable of that again.

His reputation precedes himself and people always call him a bombscare, despite barely having seen him play, cause he's made a couple of high profile mistakes, most notably in the champions league against Juve.

I was equally as gutted when Efe left as when McGinn did and I'm jealous that yous get the pleasure of watching him and really hope the move works out.

My personal favourite flip of his

images.jpg

UCKjDE2.jpg

12 hours ago, Le God said:

His reputation precedes himself and people always call him a bombscare, despite barely having seen him play, cause he's made a couple of high profile mistakes, most notably in the champions league against Juve.

This sums it up for me - Making mistakes against a side who've won Serie A the last 7 (?) seasons in a row and seen solid performances in the champions league over the same period is a little different to playing against Rotherham - The number of people who think because a player isn't good enough for/against a top European side means they can't play for us is astounding

I'm going to be a little controversial here but - I think Juventus are a bit better than us at the moment...

18 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

This sums it up for me - Making mistakes against a side who've won Serie A the last 7 (?) seasons in a row and seen solid performances in the champions league over the same period is a little different to playing against Rotherham - The number of people who think because a player isn't good enough for/against a top European side means they can't play for us is astounding

I'm going to be a little controversial here but - I think Juventus are a bit better than us at the moment...

Only because they keep cheating us ?

19 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

Is it a CAMRA beer festival?!?

Archived