Efe Ambrose - Signed on short term deal

Fraser_23

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Never heard of the bloke. Centre half tho, bout time

Played for Celtic for a fair while IIRC - Don't know where he went after that. Nigeria international too.

Would seem sufficient (given he’s a free agent) 

Cover at CB/RB

Can play out the back (some)

Hasn’t been sat on a shelf somewhere for ages- just a couple weeks. Should be able to get up to speed quickly  

If it’s true- sounds good. 

I've seen him a few times on TV for Hibs and Celtic. He seems to be very similar to Sol Bamba in that he can go from being a man mountain, unbeatable, brick wall of a defender to looking like a pub player.

If teams play to his strengths (ie try and out muscle him or hit it long) he will be a god here and like Bamba at Cardiff, a cult hero. If they get quick balls in and around him and play off his shoulder, he will be more like Dave Walton.

2 minutes ago, KBB said:

I've seen him a few times on TV for Hibs and Celtic. He seems to be very similar to Sol Bamba in that he can go from being a man mountain, unbeatable, brick wall of a defender to looking like a pub player.

If teams play to his strengths (ie try and out muscle him or hit it long) he will be a god here and like Bamba at Cardiff, a cult hero. If they get quick balls in and around him and play off his shoulder, he will be more like Dave Walton.

If that's the case, I guess it's a good thing that his defensive partner will either be Keogh (quicker than many) or Tomori (quicker than the majority) to help balance out that weakness.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

If that's the case, I guess it's a good thing that his defensive partner will either be Keogh (quicker than many) or Tomori (quicker than the majority) to help balance out that weakness.

Totally agree. I like the balance between big unit, muscle and strength and a ball playing Rolls Royce next to them mopping up and errors or stray attacks. Thinking Moore and Leacock, or the inferior vidic and Ferdinand.

11 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Song anyone.

You’ve got to use his full name though,

To the tune Rose Garden by Lynne Anderson.

I beg your pardon

Efe Ambrose is harder than Joey Barton

Along with defending

He dishes out a bit of pain sometimes.

Since 2013, Ambrose has come under strong criticism from fans and pundits alike for frequent poor performances and errors which have led to opposition goals.

Ideal cover for keogh.

Archived