Adrenaline Junkie

AmericanRam

Anyone else on here that would consider themselves an adrenaline junkie? I certainly consider myself one: I've scuba dived, bungee jumped, sky-dived, para-glided, etc.  The next thing that I want to do is go flyboarding. Anyone else have done any of the above mentioned activities and really enjoyed them? Or want to do them? Also, any good suggestions for some that I may not have done?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AmericanRam said:

Anyone else on here that would consider themselves an adrenaline junkie? I certainly consider myself one: I've scuba dived, bungee jumped, sky-dived, para-glided, etc.  The next thing that I want to do is go flyboarding. Anyone else have done any of the above mentioned activities and really enjoyed them? Or want to do them? Also, any good suggestions for some that I may not have done?

I’d have to consider myself one. Certainly there was a time before kids curtailed my adventures. 

To name a few exploits:

- white water rafting on the black nile grade 5 rapids in Uganda. 

- swimming with sharks in South Africa (with a broken arm in plaster cast that I had to keep above the water). 

- bungee jumping off the Victoria falls bridge (where I broke my arm in the first place).

- sky diving (tandem) in Northamptonshire. 

- the thrillology of AJ Hackett bungee jumps in queenstown NZ. 

- paragliding (is that the one with the little motorbike beneath a hangglider) over the Zambezi river. 

I loved bungee jumping by the 4th one. On the first one, I remember being quite nervous but generally happy on the build up, then absolutely terrified on the way down. You see the river getting closer, but you don’t see the rope getting tighter, so you think that’s that. I remeber on the second one, that feeling cane back when I was waiting, so I was super nervous, but then when I jumped, I felt great, vos I think this time I knew what to expect. By the 4th I did a reverse elevator plunge, and lost my contacts. 

I’d like to do another sky dive, I felt like I did on my first bungee jump for that, and feel like I didn’t enjoy it as much as I should have on the way down. I think next time will be like my second bungee jump, and I’ll just be able to let it go and enjoy myself. 

3 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I’d have to consider myself one. Certainly there was a time before kids curtailed my adventures. 

To name a few exploits:

- white water rafting on the black nile grade 5 rapids in Uganda. 

- swimming with sharks in South Africa (with a broken arm in plaster cast that I had to keep above the water). 

- bungee jumping off the Victoria falls bridge (where I broke my arm in the first place).

- sky diving (tandem) in Northamptonshire. 

- the thrillology of AJ Hackett bungee jumps in queenstown NZ. 

- paragliding (is that the one with the little motorbike beneath a hangglider) over the Zambezi river. 

I loved bungee jumping by the 4th one. On the first one, I remember being quite nervous but generally happy on the build up, then absolutely terrified on the way down. You see the river getting closer, but you don’t see the rope getting tighter, so you think that’s that. I remeber on the second one, that feeling cane back when I was waiting, so I was super nervous, but then when I jumped, I felt great, vos I think this time I knew what to expect. By the 4th I did a reverse elevator plunge, and lost my contacts. 

I’d like to do another sky dive, I felt like I did on my first bungee jump for that, and feel like I didn’t enjoy it as much as I should have on the way down. I think next time will be like my second bungee jump, and I’ll just be able to let it go and enjoy myself. 

Swimming with sharks sounds like it would be a very cool thing to do. Yeah definitely do another sky dive, I've done it three times and love it.

12 minutes ago, AmericanRam said:

Swimming with sharks sounds like it would be a very cool thing to do. Yeah definitely do another sky dive, I've done it three times and love it.

Sounds quite stupid if you ask me. Dolphins are a similar shape and seem a lot more friendly.

36 minutes ago, AmericanRam said:

Sneak into the home crowd wearing a Forest shirt and then unveil next to the Derby fans.

Worked for the bloke at Southampton....?

58 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I spent quite a few Saturday afternoons in the company of a snake, last season.  Do I get a prize?  

I played with some king cobras at a snake temple in Thailand, now younmentioned it. 

And stroked some Tigers in the tiger temple. 

And got 6ft away from a wild silverback mountain gorilla in Uganda. 

That was all 10 years ago. A different life. Now I change nappies. 

2 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

Booked this in April. Thought it would be harmless ones but it turns out it’s Tigers and Bulls. Geezer said there’s a cage but it’s great to free dive with them. Has always been on my bucket list, so out of the cage we go. 

Really looking forward to it. I wil post some pictures after. 

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

The only thing I would draw the line with is caves. Why the hell would anyone do that. 

I went caving once with the scouts. I can do heights and dangerous animals all day long. But I don’t really like close spaces or water. 

PS I also stroked a wild alligator, and kissed a baby anaconda. 

Just remembered, I also did sand boarding in Namibia and Ica. It’s like snowboarding, but in a sand dune, it’s very good fun. As a beginner, you just lie on the snowboard and essentially sled down. Got a bit over confident in Ica, and thought it would be dead easy to stand up, ended up tumbling arse over tit down the dune and nearly killed myself. Excellent fun. 

Also, while camping in the Ngorogoro crater, a full grown male lion rubbed up against me through my tent, and then did a turd outside the tent. I thought the ranger was joking when they told us not to move, there was a lion roaming through the camp site, til I found these massive footprints outside the tent, and a big steaming turf outside the door. 

Dont know if that counts as Adrenalin junkie though, as I was too stupid to understand what was happening. 

I always say there’s a difference between fearlessness and bravery. Fearlessness is being too stupid / unaware of the danger to be afraid, bravery is being clever enough to be completely aware of the danger, but doing it anyway. I definitely fit into the former category. 

(Sorry for going all one up in this thread, I’m in my element here, reliving some past adventures).

If there's one thing that i have absolutely no desire to try, its jumping out of an aircraft

not interested in seeing whether my spine can handle a bungee jump either.

Saw a photo once of a bloke who'd done a bungee jump and he was hanging upside down having shat himself.

not my idea of fun 

Archived