Mason Bennett - What does Frank see in him?

JoeDerby

Would you have Mason Bennett in the starting line up?  

237 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spotted this graphic in a recent report about Mason Mount. I was immediately drawn to Bennett's name at bottom. I was surprised at how many chances he had created for saying that he hasn't played as many minutes as some of the others on that list. Would be interesting to see where his name would feature if the amount of minutes was taken into account.

8985866-6632529-image-m-10_1548430517737.jpg

2 hours ago, JoeDerby said:

Are you really saying he hasn't had chance to show what he can do? Will Hughes needed 90 minutes of football against Peterborough and every single fan that day left the stadium talking about him. 

I'm not sure what everyone saw in him that day in Peterborough, he CAME ON after 90 minutes at 2-2, touched the ball once and we lost 3-2  ?? 

Part of the problem is that he burst on to the scene at such a young age.

Unfortunately, as many soon find height, power, pace in young players only takes you so far when you make the step up.

Personally, I think Bennett lacks the footballing intelligence to become a permanent fixture in the team. He really is a head down and run merchant.

That said I thought he was having a positive impact on the team earlier in the season and it was a shame that the injury hampered his progress.

Said for a while that I think he will wind up playing in the lower leagues, really hope he proves me wrong. 

6 minutes ago, DcfcMatt said:

I spotted this graphic in a recent report about Mason Mount. I was immediately drawn to Bennett's name at bottom. I was surprised at how many chances he had created for saying that he hasn't played as many minutes as some of the others on that list. Would be interesting to see where his name would feature if the amount of minutes was taken into account.

8985866-6632529-image-m-10_1548430517737.jpg

You'd think that if those stats were "normalised" to even out differences in minutes played, then mason bennett would probably be 2nd to mason mount. 

Harry Wilson really is mainly  a scorer rather than a creator for others.  ?

4 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

You'd think that if those stats were "normalised" to even out differences in minutes played, then mason bennett would probably be 2nd to mason mount. 

Harry Wilson really is mainly  a scorer rather than a creator for others.  ?

I've just worked out chances per minute played.

Mason Bennett 0.025

Mason Mount 0.024

Harry Wilson 0.019

Tom Lawrence 0.012

Jayden Bogle 0.010

mmm...what does Frank see in Mason Bennett?

28 minutes ago, DcfcMatt said:

I've just worked out chances per minute played.

Mason Bennett 0.025

Mason Mount 0.024

Harry Wilson 0.019

Tom Lawrence 0.012

Jayden Bogle 0.010

mmm...what does Frank see in Mason Bennett?

Good work Matt.

The stats confirm some other suspicions. Notably (and unfortunately) wrt Tom Lawrence. Young Jayden should be excused as he's supposed to be a defender mainly.?

1 hour ago, 86 points said:

Yes. How strange that you should need to ask.

In all honesty, I'm pretty sure I've only ever used it as a statement, to infer "I don't care".  Never as a question, possibly inferring the need for an explanation or for further information.  I'm not saying I've been right to do so, mind.

Being a complete ar5ehole (Me... not you!), I've just done a very quick Google search...

Some show a question mark, and show further definition as a question. 

https://www.google.com/search?ei=P-xZXIPLJeGh1fAP7L-W4Ag&q="so+what"+definition&oq="so+what"+definition&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i67j0i7i30l9.66120.69476..70502...0.0..0.69.137.2......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j0i8i30.J445X9U-c9w

Collins refers to it with an exclamation mark (for English)... although I do concede it then uses a question in the definition:

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/so-what

Seems either both of us are wrong... or right, if you will! 

Your "strange" comment however, is not the first time that word has been used in response to one of my posts... but so what!  winking0071.gif  

3 hours ago, JoeDerby said:

Are you really saying he hasn't had chance to show what he can do? Will Hughes needed 90 minutes of football against Peterborough and every single fan that day left the stadium talking about him. You're just sugar coating his career, playing well for 20 minutes against Ashley Cole in 2014 in a game we lost 2-0 is a career highlight. I'm not having it i'm afraid. 

Just because he isn't as good as Will Hughes doesn't mean he isn't a good player. Jayden Bogle and Jeff  Hendrick are nowhere near the player Will Hughes is, does that mean they're inherently bad? No. Comparing him to Will Hughes is just ridiculous. You seem to brush over the fact that people are bringing Josefzoon into the argument and it's because it's actually a valid argument because he's been utter poo compared to Bennett. There are maaaannnnyyyy players we could all moan about - picking on a high potential kid who's had the worst luck with injuries (only beaten by George Thorne) is just unfair. 

29 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

In all honesty, I'm pretty sure I've only ever used it as a statement, to infer "I don't care".  Never as a question, possibly inferring the need for an explanation or for further information.  I'm not saying I've been right to do so, mind.

Being a complete ar5ehole (Me... not you!), I've just done a very quick Google search...

Some show a question mark, and show further definition as a question. 

https://www.google.com/search?ei=P-xZXIPLJeGh1fAP7L-W4Ag&q="so+what"+definition&oq="so+what"+definition&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i67j0i7i30l9.66120.69476..70502...0.0..0.69.137.2......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j0i8i30.J445X9U-c9w

Collins refers to it with an exclamation mark (for English)... although I do concede it then uses a question in the definition:

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/so-what

Seems either both of us are wrong... or right, if you will! 

Your "strange" comment however, is not the first time that word has been used in response to one of my posts... but so what!  winking0071.gif  

giphy.gif

I like Mason and think he has a part to play this season no doubt. Good pace, good jump and a danger when he runs at his full back.

He works his hardest and does his best, and if he continues to do so he will improve, especially when it comes to goalscoring, which is a weak point.

For me, simply the fact he wears the shirt with such pride puts him apart from a good few others who have come through the door in the last few years.

And in the current setup, he's certainly worth being in the mix with Josefzoon, Waghorn, Nugent and Lawrence, none of whom have exactly been pulling up trees. Only Wilson, Mount and Holmes can say they regularly earn their starting place.

In actual answer to the question he’s an impact sub for me. He’s good at switching the game up front late on, and aside from that should also act as cover for Waghorns role imo. Should only start in place of Martyn if he’s injured or something. Had a decent season so far tho mason, so long as we’re not starting him too often and putting too much pressure on him for goals.

Bennett gives us pace and physicality, he’s proved he can put a ball in, got some vital assists this season. I think with time and confidence he’ll start finding the net more then who knows where his career will go.

For me he’s an impact sub but that’s just due to the competition we have. He’s an important part of the squad and no one would’ve thought that would be the case at the start of the season.

Well done Mason and Frank.

Archived