Pearson Sacked

FindernRam

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear, looks like we've got another ostrich here. Having the richest club (by some margin) in the Belgian 2nd tier sat joint bottom of the table is part of his rebuilding plan. Hopefully that Leicester fan will come back on here to reiterate that their title win was entirely down to Pearson.

1 hour ago, Matt H said:

The new John Gregory.

Finished in this country, failed in Belgium, where next?

I wouldnt say hes finishef in this country - as a manager he has won the League 1 and Championship trophies. He didnt do great with us, but doesnt mean he is a bad manager.

If John Gregory can win Indian Super League - maybe Pearson will fancy his chances in the sub continent next.

12 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I wouldnt say hes finishef in this country - as a manager he has won the League 1 and Championship trophies. He didnt do great with us, but doesnt mean he is a bad manager.

If John Gregory can win Indian Super League - maybe Pearson will fancy his chances in the sub continent next.

Wishful thinking tbh. ? I'd hate us to come up against him and lose.

It's not his managerial record / reputation that I was thinking of, more his behavioural one.

36 minutes ago, Matt H said:

Wishful thinking tbh. ? I'd hate us to come up against him and lose.

It's not his managerial record / reputation that I was thinking of, more his behavioural one.

There is always a club willing to take a chance. If he wins you the league he can say whatever he wants. 

Never thought McClaren would manage to recover after the England job, but he has done fairly well since then -even managed to do some damage to Forest before he came to us.

If Pearson can keep his mouth under control I believe he could still do well in this country.

17 hours ago, GenBr said:

122767_1.jpg

3 hours ago, rynny said:

122767_1.jpg

He might be an absolute lunatic, but he got Preston into the playoffs 2 years running, then got us promoted and then got Forest into the playoffs 2 years running. Plus he let us beat Forest 5-0.

I am honestly surprised he has failed to get another job in the Championship considering his track record in this league. You only need to keep him from interacting with anyone other than the playing staff for one season and if he gets you up you can sack him after that. (I think he has been out of it too long now though).

8 minutes ago, GenBr said:

He might be an absolute lunatic, but he got Preston into the playoffs 2 years running, then got us promoted and then got Forest into the playoffs 2 years running. Plus he let us beat Forest 5-0.

I am honestly surprised he has failed to get another job in the Championship considering his track record in this league. You only need to keep him from interacting with anyone other than the playing staff for one season and if he gets you up you can sack him after that. (I think he has been out of it too long now though).

He did an awful lot of falling out with people though.

I'm surprised he hasn't taken a job in Scotland tbh, a good stint at one of the top flight clubs outside the Old firm would be enough rehabilitation to say look, well Billy's still got it, off the back of that he'd prob get championship offers.

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm surprised he hasn't taken a job in Scotland tbh, a good stint at one of the top flight clubs outside the Old firm would be enough rehabilitation to say look, well Billy's still got it, off the back of that he'd prob get championship offers.

Think that's exactly it. If you look at his aforementioned track record, he is up there with the best in this division and should be able to walk a job in the Championship because he clearly knows his way around the division a la Warnock, Bruce, Holloway etc - he SHOULD be one of those managers a club appoints to guarantee them a way out of this division.

But the reality is that his non-footballing reputation precedes him and it prevents anybody from touching him with a barge pole for fear of how his antics will tarnish them. For all of his footballing successes, he has left each and every club he's been at in acrimonious circumstances because he's fallen out with the board as a result of shouting his mouth off. I don't think he helps himself with the 'unfinished business', 'lies have kept me out of football' and speaking in the third person nonsense which just feed the narrative that he's a stuck up, egotistical fantasist. That coupled with the extensive legal action he's taken against those he's fallen out with is hardly going to entice an owner to giving him a shot.

RE jobs in Scotland - absolutely agree. His record, as I alluded to, suggests he should be able to walk a job in Scotland, outside of the Old Firm, as I have no doubt he'd be a success there. But it appears that he has been held back by the same problems as down here. As crazy as it might sound, I am led to believe that even Scottish second tier sides wouldn't touch him so I suspect his not taking a job up there might not be his own decision. This article talks about how St Mirren (who were bottom of the Scottish Championship at the time) decided against appointing him and went for an unknown. The author suggests that Davies even being linked with a Scottish second tier side is an 'insult to his managerial record' but, perhaps, provides some context as to his chances to getting a job any time soon... https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/billy-davies-cv-premier-league-9005496

Unfinished business, indeed.

40 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

27 minutes ago, KentRam said:

RE jobs in Scotland - absolutely agree. His record, as I alluded to, suggests he should be able to walk a job in Scotland, outside of the Old Firm, as I have no doubt he'd be a success there. But it appears that he has been held back by the same problems as down here. As crazy as it might sound, I am led to believe that even Scottish second tier sides wouldn't touch him so I suspect his not taking a job up there might not be his own decision. This article talks about how St Mirren (who were bottom of the Scottish Championship at the time) decided against appointing him and went for an unknown. The author suggests that Davies even being linked with a Scottish second tier side is an 'insult to his managerial record' but, perhaps, provides some context as to his chances to getting a job any time soon... https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/billy-davies-cv-premier-league-9005496

Unfinished business, indeed.

Billy Davis says Billy Davis wouldn't take a job in Scotland unless it was Rangers or Celtic, as Billy Davis considers Billy Davis to be above everything else...  

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

Billy Davis says Billy Davis wouldn't take a job in Scotland unless it was Rangers or Celtic, as Billy Davis considers Billy Davis to be above everything else...  

Billy Davies is a staunch rangers man, WATP, love to her glorious britanic majesty... Oh, Celtic you say, Billy Davies says top o the morning to you, never been a more hoops man than wee Billy, oh its a grand old team to play fir...

I'm pretty sure he's on the rangers side of the divide, but he'd overcome it for the celtic job somehow.

19 hours ago, GenBr said:

He orchestrated a campaign to undermine one of the most generous chairmen in the country and ended up forcing him out of the club. Because he went back to Forest, he finally had to deal with the after effects of his damaging short termism, rather than jumping ship. He doesn't build anything, ignores the youth academy, funnels absolutely all his funds into the first team and hands out unsustainable contracts that ultimately hurt the club long after he's gone. The 5-0 hammering was the culmination of Clough's patient and responsible style of squad building vs Davies' irresponsible spending. He got found out, and I couldn't be happier that we were the ones who ultimately ripped off his mask.

6 minutes ago, Anon said:

He orchestrated a campaign to undermine one of the most generous chairmen in the country and ended up forcing him out of the club. Because he went back to Forest, he finally had to deal with the after effects of his damaging short termism, rather than jumping ship. He doesn't build anything, ignores the youth academy, funnels absolutely all his funds into the first team and hands out unsustainable contracts that ultimately hurt the club long after he's gone. The 5-0 hammering was the culmination of Clough's patient and responsible style of squad building vs Davies' irresponsible spending. He got found out, and I couldn't be happier that we were the ones who ultimately ripped off his mask.

I get the impression you don't rate him much?

Archived