Tyrone Mings Stamp

Ambitious

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm stunned by the spineless reaction from the FA. Folk are saying they are not surprised but I must be stupid because this is one of the worst incidents of foul play I've ever seen in any professional sport and I played rugby for 2 decades. What kind of message does this send out, not only to the professional thugs in the game, but more importantly to any kids who have seen the incident and resulting injuries. Without in any way condoning Bradder's moment of stupidity, how does munching on a guy's shirt warrant citing and retrospective punishment but permanently disfiguring an opponent by stamping on their face warrant zero further action? Absolutely absurd.

Find it odd to say they are investigating to now turn around and say the ref saw it so theres nothing we can do.

Those are the rules though so it's no surprise to see no action taken, not sure why the FA are getting stick here and you can understand how the ref with no replay could have seen it as an accident, just not sure why it needed an investigation to see what was written in the refs notebook. 

With the introduction of VAR it seems a daft rule to have in place now anyway, wouldn't be surprised to see it scrapped in time.

The Johnson incident was completely different, he didn’t get booked for an attempted bite therefore the referee didn’t see it. The referee interpreted Mings to have accidentally stepped on a players head, even watching the replays you can’t tell if it was deliberate or not. Wishing him to get justice served up imo is just wrong, to write a post lecturing people to think about what they write and then condemning an individual is just hypocritical.

I’m not sure if it was deliberate or not, but there is not enough conclusive evidence for anyone to say it was, totally amazes me that when Johnson got banned, a lot were defending him saying he didn’t mean to bite him only his shirt and hear we are condemning a player for what could have been an accident.

I’ll get my tin hat on now ?

2 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

The FA have just made themselves even more not fit for purpose.

They'll fine a manager for swearing in Portuguese but they won't punish a guy who could have literally killed another player on the pitch.

The ducking bar steward twatting piece of poo cowards.

Mings wants locking up and I'm never the type to abuse players but I really hope justice is served by someone. I don't care who or how.

Wait til villa play forest. Keane will probably whirlwind kick him in the face, Chun-Li style. 

So the FA wont investigate cos the referee has seen it and already made the decision. So if a player was to shoot a player on the pitch, and ref seems it foul play and sends him off, there’s nothing the FA can do beyond what the ref has already done. 

When it gets to criminal levels of assault, surely a full investigation has to take place as a matter of course. A referee in the spur of the moment can’t possibly be relied upon to make the correct, informed decision for something so important. 

So the referee said it was an accidental coming together. Everyone who’s seen the replay says it’s at least debatable if it was accidental. But it’s whatvteh ref says in that moment that’s important, and literally no one has the power to overturn that. 

duck that, I’d press charges if I was Oleviera. I’m oretty sure the police can overturn the ref’s decision.  

So if the ref saw someone deliberately knee someone in the face during an angry tirade, knocking out teeth, but for some reason couldn't be arsed that day and deemed it not a foul - the FA wouldn't be able to do anything retroactively?

Let's be real here - they're just avoiding making a decision because it's the Championship and they can.

Conclusive or not, there'd be some serious fisticuffs if anyone did that to a teammate of mine. There's no doubt in my mind what went on. Far easier to miss the guys face than stamp square on it and I'm going to have a problem being persuaded otherwise. Do that on a rugby pitch, where rucking the man is actually allowed to a point, you'd be laid out unconscious in seconds. Not saying that's right only it disgusts me that Mings is going to walk away with zero sanction or comeuppance. If that's the law, the law's an ass. 

9 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

to be fair mate, hasn't it felt like that on here sometimes as well ;;-)

Brothers in Arms ?

ps - there's four so far and I haven't even asked my mam to sign yet ?

This did make me laugh ? Needs a social media push really. You should pop a post up on the Reading and Norwich forums. Doubtless get plenty of support and shares from there. I'll chuck it up on Facebook tomoz in any case.

Archived