Tyrone Mings Stamp

Ambitious

11 hours ago, Bosshogg said:

Difficult to ‘prove’ as such (despite watching it and it looking like he meant to do it). But let’s say it isn’t intentional, it’s professional negligence. If you had any job and kept having accidents that caused serious injury to those that you worked alongside kept you’d be very unlikely to keep your job. 

Disgraceful stuff. 

As someone who defended him the first time this happened because I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt, I agree with your point regarding professional negligence. If the guy really has so little control over his own appendages then he's a danger to himself and anyone unfortunate enough to enter his vicinity. This is worthy of a significant ban even if we rule out malice completely.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The FA is waiting for the ref's report: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11627783/tyrone-mings-stamp-on-nelson-oliveira-investigated-by-fa

It's a horrible incident - one of the worst I've seen on a football pitch in terms of the consequences. Only Mings will know the truth. But to stamp on one person's head may be regarded as misfortune. To do it twice looks like carelessness. 

You'd think a 10 match ban as a minimum.

9 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

The FA is waiting for the ref's report: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11627783/tyrone-mings-stamp-on-nelson-oliveira-investigated-by-fa

It's a horrible incident - one of the worst I've seen on a football pitch in terms of the consequences. Only Mings will know the truth. But to stamp on one person's head may be regarded as misfortune. To do it twice looks like carelessness

You'd think a 10 match ban as a minimum.

thank you lady Bracknell ?

1 hour ago, Bosshogg said:

I was saying it in the sense that that is exactly what the authorities will say. He’ll get a small ban and that’s it. Barely mentioned in the press this morning as well. A side note to a 0-0 game. 

I really hope Reading kick up a stink about it. I doubt the punishment will fit the crime but something should be done. 

Seem to remeber a similar situation when Leeds' keeper clearly deliberately scraped his studs down Holmes' face.  I'm not saying the two incidents are the same in terms of severity, but I was very surprised more wasn't made of this incident.

10 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Seem to remeber a similar situation when Leeds' keeper clearly deliberately scraped his studs down Holmes' face.  I'm not saying the two incidents are the same in terms of severity, but I was very surprised more wasn't made of this incident.

That was nasty, but I think it got lost in the spying stuff and was deemed sour grapes because we'd been well beaten, but it was totally a nasty one done just clever enough to plead accident.

I suppose the Fa will have to consider as well, they have a duty to punish based on actions rather than consiqences - if he'd made more glancing contact the poor blokes face wouldn't have been so messed up, but the action was there. But like with most FA things, it'll be the horrible picture of oliviaras face that determines the ban.

18 minutes ago, cosmic said:

People are pointing to his reaction to prove his innocence. Looked genuinely concerned. 

I would be too if I’d intentionally stamped on a guy’s head and he came off worse than intended.

"Last time I stamped on someone's head he just got up and got angry with me. This guy's covered in blood! Oh jeeez."

I’m sure anyone who was conscious of possibility standing on an persons face would maybe try to roll, fall anything than risk actually stepping on their face. 

Its not as Olivera was moving around on the floor. Mings shows no evidence of thinking about where he would be best landing his foot.

If he had, he would of landed awkwardly himself trying to avoid any contact.

I'm staggered at the lack of coverage of this.

Everywhere you look it's a throw away one liner.

Terrible double standards from Sky especially, they are the main broadcaster.

The poo houses are so quick to try to get managers and players in trouble for the smallest of things with cameras pinned to their every movement. They provoke outrage, THEY police the game to such an extent that if something is missed they re run it 150 times to make sure us and everyone else see it.

I'm sitting watching sky sports news and so far the only mention of it at all has been the scroll bar across the bottom, not even worth a sentence? Admittedly I've only watched an hour, maybe I've missed it?

If that happened during a premier League game there'd be replays, panels, polls, absolute outrage.

The more I see it, the more I think and hope actually that he's in serious trouble. ducking coward.

I can't even find any pundits views on it.

I don't condone the Johnson nibble but Sky made a real fuss about it. Regular tweets and such.

Much like the Leeds keeper on Holmes, far more dangerous and violent than a nibble on a shirt. Yet I see very little on this stamp and the keeper boot. Both deliberate. Vile.

I've never liked Rio Ferdinand, but if you can ban someone for 8 months for missing a drugs test, then what on earth does Mings deserve? I've watched the footage a few times now and increasingly convinced it was deliberately, I'm very glad our supposed interest came to nothing.

13 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

I don't condone the Johnson nibble but Sky made a real fuss about it. Regular tweets and such.

Much like the Leeds keeper on Holmes, far more dangerous and violent than a nibble on a shirt. Yet I see very little on this stamp and the keeper boot. Both deliberate. Vile.

100% spot on

24 minutes ago, NottsRam said:

No action will be taken as the referee saw the incident according to BBC.  What a joke the FA are becoming.  Johnson got a 5 match ban when both he and the 'victim' testified that there was no bite.  

And he was booked for the incident. So very much double standards.

There does seem a massive inconsistency when it comes to punishments.

How can Johnson be charged for something the ref dealt with yet Stoke player got away with it, and likewise the leeds keeper.

In addition how did John coleman get away with his comments about the ref?

Seems like the efl and fa make it up as they go along.

Also seems the bielsa investigation has gone quiet.  Looks like the efl are hoping that goes away too.

The FA have just made themselves even more not fit for purpose.

They'll fine a manager for swearing in Portuguese but they won't punish a guy who could have literally killed another player on the pitch.

The ducking bar steward twatting piece of poo cowards.

Mings wants locking up and I'm never the type to abuse players but I really hope justice is served by someone. I don't care who or how.

Archived