Derby County v Hull City Match thread.

RadioactiveWaste

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I thought that was one of our better performances of the season today. I’m not saying it was the full shilling, but looked good all over the park. It helps knowing we have Mount and Marriott to come back. 

Roos - 8; Bogle - 8, Keogh - 8, Tomori - 8, Malone - 7; Bryson - 5, Huddlestone - 8, Holmes - 7; Wilson - 6, Waghorn - 8, Jozefzoon - 7. 

Bennett and King did well with what time they had, although the former was rather erratic. 

Yes. Derby were neat, tidy, balanced and hard-working. The odd mistake but overall worthy of 3 points. Lucky not to concede so let’s not go over-board. I would like us to be a bit more risky up top with a bit more mobility around the box but we look like we can still improve some more. I think King and Cole will bring us some more steel and leadership. All set pretty well for 15 cup finals. And the FA Cup still too! ?

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strange how there’s so few replies after that, can people not compliment the team who can criticise them? Was a proper 90 minute performance at last that, been a long time coming! So so so much better than we have been recently, a proper dominating controlled performance, mich more befitting of a team who should be challenging near the top. So much better movement from the players, much stronger on the ball, better in possession, incisive one touch passing with purpose and a lot less hopeless humping it. Patient, proper build up play with some serious creativity, particulary from Holmes for that first goal. Everyone just seemed much more composed and on the same wavelength. In no small part down to the inclusion of Huddlestone who was near faultless, and showed why he remains multiple levels above Evans and any consideration of selling him/ starting him is insanity.

Properly enjoyed today, helped by the crowd being a lot better second half too, though people round me still moaned about us not getting it forward immediately. Do they learn nothing from watching us aimlessly lump it and lose possesion? Did they not see how much better we are when we keep it on the deck? Some people just don’t understand the game.

Roos 7- Had little to do but commanded his box well

Bogle 7- Again let a few too many crosses in, but composed as per bar the odd stupid shot

Keogh 8- Excellent passing out from the back and reading the game

Tomori 8- Similar to Keogh 

Malone 7-Worlds most uncomfortable footballer, but was very good going forward

Huddlestone 9- Won’t find a better cdm outside the prem. Imperious.

Holmes 7-Some proper vision for the first goal, lost the ball in dangerous positions too many times tho, still a great player

Bryson 7- Unspectacular but better today, still struggles to keep up with play occasionally tho

Wilson 7- Quiet today as we went mainly through the middle (which worked better) but still linked well with midfield, Tried to do too much sometimes though

Waghorn 10 MOM- duck it, maybe a 10 is too much but sometimes you just have to stand up and congratulate a ducking brilliant performance. And Martyn gave that today. Best number 9 performance in about 3-4 years. Battled for everything, and was literally everywhere. What a performance.

Josefzoon 6- Didn’t do too badly but just doesn’t really have much about him that’s I can see, only player who didn’t have a good game.

Subs:

Bennett 8- Much better than flojo

King and Cole- No time to impact 

That was the performance of a team who can challenge to go up, not the half arsed half turning up performances we’ve seen recently. A much better footballing team performance. Need to keep that up and our season will start to look a lot better imo. Proper football, on the deck, creativity and movement. Much happier millennium ram tonight

Absolutely loving all four stands getting involved after the second goal. What a difference it makes!

And the bouncing! I've wanted the south stand to get other stands starting the bounce for ages and it worked a treat, it was fantastic watching the directors box all turning to see if the west stand would bounce when asked, and i have to say it was awesome!!

Just need it every match

Good win today, played some neat football, Waghorn worked his wosits off all game, and deserved his 2 goals, thought Keogh and Tomiri were solid at the back, Tom kept us playing, and Bryson never stopped  closing down the spaces, and worked his wosits off, also a great atmosphere at pp today, really enjoyed the crowd getting behind the team,looking forward to seeing more of King as well, could prove a very important signing for us.

TobyWanKenobi
1 hour ago, SaffyRam said:

Bryson a 5 !!! Are you having a laugh?

He was immense today.

Mate, he probably decided those ratings before a ball was kicked.

10 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

Absolutely loving all four stands getting involved after the second goal. What a difference it makes!

And the bouncing! I've wanted the south stand to get other stands starting the bounce for ages and it worked a treat, it was fantastic watching the directors box all turning to see if the west stand would bounce when asked, and i have to say it was awesome!!

Just need it every match

I loved that bit ? And yes, I was bouncing in the West stand. Dropped my prawn sandwich though...

Main plus points from today, Waghorn playing in his best position and showing how he knows where the net is. Bryson had a very good game as did  Hudds, the defence was decent again. Negative points, Josepzoon was an embarrassment, blatantly dived twice and should have been sent off for being a useless cheat. Hull looked poor for a team on a good run but who cares. Another win on Wednesday and bring on the forest. We could finish 1 st or 9 th or anything in between. Going to be a  tight finish 

What? 23 pages, no hand-wringers or armchair experts sermonising on what Frank got wrong and how poor our players are? Well, apart from Captain Premature of course, but I think folk are used to that now. I guess giving credit to the team and management when warranted ain't as appealing as slagging them off, huh! 

As for the game, a form team vanquished, 3 points and a clean sheet, all despite a fair few starters being unavailable for selection. A thoroughly professional performance, I'd say, with Waggy once again the standout dish. Perhaps this year we will banish the post-christmas meltdown hoodoo for good. A win at Ipswich on Wednesday and we'll be firmly in the mix as even when we're not at our best, we do seem to be becoming increasingly hard to beat. In a tight division, that could prove a massive asset.

COYR

I’m finding the Bryson discourse interesting. He didn’t stand out at all to me today but that is Bryson. So much of the time you don’t easily see what he does off the ball, filling gaps, covering and so on. He isn’t a stand out player these days but he is still liquid engineering. He’s still got it as a player but just maybe the hard-edge isn’t quite there. Contrast this with Holmes who for me is Bryson unpolished but with youth in the tank and great feet. 

It's February. We're winning games and playing well.

Something's not right.

Very pleased with the second half today, we looked back to our best with a bit of swagger about our play.

Pretty much everyone had good games. Hull helped by giving Hudds the freedom of PPS and he duly obliged with a beautiful display of passing. Love Waghorn. Wilson and Holmes very industrious. Bogle's nutmeg in the the assist. Malone rampant, yes rampant, as the game wore on.

We even stopped some crosses coming in, so it must have been a good day.

Archived