Derby County v Hull City Match thread.

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cole will not get in the team if Malone continues in this vein. He’ll get a game in the cup next weekend but he’ll have real completion to unseat the floppy armed one.

King for Bryson perhaps. Bryson was the only one in short sleeves and deserves credit for that but is it enough to keep his place?

1 hour ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

It beggars belief that we almost sold Huddlestone on deadline day. That was as good a performance that you will see at this level. 

His positional play was good and bar one blip, his passing was majestic

7 minutes ago, Full Screw said:

Cole will not get in the team if Malone continues in this vein. He’ll get a game in the cup next weekend but he’ll have real completion to unseat the floppy armed one.

King for Bryson perhaps. Bryson was the only one in short sleeves and deserves credit for that but is it enough to keep his place?

Watched a different game to me then, thought it was one of Brysons best games since season started, and I’ve been a critic of him 

37 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Roos - 8; Bogle - 8, Keogh - 8, Tomori - 8, Malone - 7; Bryson - 5, Huddlestone - 8, Holmes - 7; Wilson - 6, Waghorn - 8, Jozefzoon - 7. 

Bennett and King did well with what time they had, although the former was rather erratic. 

Bryson a 5 !!! Are you having a laugh?

He was immense today.

Oh what fun it is to win at home by a decent margin and with a competent almost ordinary performance.

First half was a bit flat. Two teams cancelling each other out, Hull playing high up without looking particularly dangerous while we lacked some urgency and a cutting edge. Sweet pass from little Dwayne and Wagman nearly slots it in, only to see it balloon upwards leaving us all to watch the slow motion camera as it dropped back to Waggy who had time to put his pint down on the bar before banging the ball where it belongs. 

Way more energy in the second half and we camped 10 yards into their half rather than the other way round as had been in the first 45.

Waghorn, worked so so hard without a pause. Cracking performance and deserved MOTM. Keogh and Tomori solid. Hudds all control and experience, Bogle looking better defensively and Malone played very well. He doesn’t look like a star but I rate him for having enough skill and a hell of a lot of the right intent and attitude. 

Kings little cameo says to me he is just what we want, intelligent and composed.

great stuff for the second with Bogle / Wilson displaying skill and industry and Derby County’s No 9 doing what number 9’s are supposed to do 

Happy days 

but what has happened to Flo Jo and his early promise ? He’s just not cutting it atm ? Odd cos I liked him a lot early season. Hummm. 

Yes a lot better today vs a so called in form team. We looked more balanced in midfield and that’s with I thought Wilson and Holmes a bit off the pace. Hudds was like a old Jag purring around today. Bogle and Malone ? and even Bryson put a performance in. I had a panic attack when Keogh was on the deck and stayed down, but luckily he was ok. Waghorn however was excellent not only for his 2 goals, but his work rate off the ball. He gives us an outlet to play it long and make the opposition work also. 3 clean sheets now in a row, same 11 for me on Wednesday pls Franklin.

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Let's celebrate a win in Feb which have been as rare as hens teeth in recent seasons.

Get a win at Ipswich with our game in hand and we will be back in the thick of it ?

Agreed, but there's a full programme of matches this week, the following week's game against Millwall is the game in hand. By then we'll have the Wigan game in hand as well. 

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

FT 2-0

No-one had a bad game.

A couple of mistakes from Tomori, a mistake from Holmes and a combined mistake from Bryson & Bogle were, I think, the only black spots on the whole game. When they were so occasional you can remember them all, that's probably a good thing.

Roos didn't put a foot wrong. He was beaten twice, but it's quite easy for a shot to beat a GK when it also goes wide ? 
Bogle struggled with Grosicki's pace all game, but didn't do too much wrong. Was very good going forward.
Keogh his usual excellent self.
Tomori had 2 good chances from corners, and played well. One mistake went unpunished as Hull dallied, the other he recovered himself with an excellent tackle.
Malone didn't have a lot to do defensively, but was probably our best attacking player behind Waghorn.
Huddlestone solid. Nothing of note.
Holmes with an absolute howler early on that Hull somehow didn't score from - but very good for the rest of the game. Beautiful assist for the first goal.
Bryson with a good game. I've been critical of him a lot this season, but he was much improved on the ball today and pressed well off it, helped out the defense at a couple of important times too.
Jozefzoon decidely average. Good movement and positioning, created a lot of space for himself and others. But balanced out the good work by being woeful on the ball.
Wilson very quiet, but did his part. Pulled the defenders around and came deep at good times. Was in a lot of space for a couple of late breakaways but wasn't seen by Waghorn or Malone.
Waghorn MOTM even without considering the goals. A nuisance. Strong. Held the ball up well. Made good runs. Great all round game. 2 goals to cap it off. Although lucky to get a second jab at the first goal - initially well saved by Marshall.

Mason Bennett did some good work, but was his usual rough-around-the-edges self.
Andy King didn't do much, but he didn't put a toe wrong when he had the ball. Made decisions quickly, passed and moved with good pace. Looks classy.
Ashley Cole touched the ball twice. Both times he found a Derby player. 'Nuff said. Good to get a winning debut though, and for Waghorn to get his ovation.

An enjoyable game to watch, all in all. Not very open. Hull pressed well in our half, but weren't very cohesive in their own. Derby were very patient, very professional, and resoundingly deserved to win.

I have to say the crowd really played their part today. Noisy for long periods and imho, fairly patient when we faffed around with the ball just outside our box. Good Atmos. I'll give myself a 7 for my part.?

53 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I thought that was one of our better performances of the season today. I’m not saying it was the full shilling, but looked good all over the park. It helps knowing we have Mount and Marriott to come back. 

Roos - 8; Bogle - 8, Keogh - 8, Tomori - 8, Malone - 7; Bryson - 5, Huddlestone - 8, Holmes - 7; Wilson - 6, Waghorn - 8, Jozefzoon - 7. 

Bennett and King did well with what time they had, although the former was rather erratic. 

Bryson 5? and then giving the Zoon 7???

Waghorn was bloody brilliant, chased everything down gave everything deserved his two goals, both taken very well.

hull aren’t a bad side that first goal was massive stopped them from being able to counter. We needed that, 5 unbeaten but we’ve not been at our best so that’s a big boost. 

Roos 7 dealt with everything!

Malone 7 worked hard did ok going forward 

Keogh 8 typical Keogh very good 

Tomori 7 made some very good tackles most from his mistake in the first place great recovery big future 

Bogle 8 back to his best today 

Hudds 8 controls the game his passing is unreal 

Holmes 7 struggled first 20 lost the ball a few times stupidly but always looking to get on the ball works hard strong for a little lad.

Bryson 8 thought he was brilliant chased everything 

Wilson 7 put in a good shift 

Waghorn 9 brilliant deserved to start upfront 

Josefzoon 6 tried but tried to much obviously trying to impress as he’s in and out the 11’ 

Subs 

Bennett 7 did well when he came on 

Good to see King and Cole get on 

48 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

He was ok, but thought Bryson’s performance has warranted more praise if I’m honest.

The Hollywood cross field balls that take 5 seconds to reach the man who is being marked by two men need to stop. Slowed our play in the first half two or three times and everyone is applauding it whole Malone has nowhere to go. Sorry but it’s a nonsense. There were a lot of slow, ‘casual balls’ from him and Tomori too which put is, directly or indirectly, in danger.

He was ok and had a better second half but those performances haven’t been consistent from him either. 

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I thought Bryson was a bit anonymous again really. Passing to him is like passing to a brick wall - it just comes straight back. 

Not seen him break a line or carry the ball with purpose in yonks now.

4 minutes ago, IronRam 70.3 said:

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I thought Bryson was a bit anonymous again really. Passing to him is like passing to a brick wall - it just comes straight back. 

Not seen him break a line or carry the ball with purpose in yonks now.

I see what you are saying but to be honest I thought Bryson protected Huddlestone very well in terms of closing opposition down and shutting off space. Without Bryson then I don’t think Huddlestone gets the plaudits he has done. 

As you say different strokes and all that, in the end it was a very strong team performance. That we are sayingthis person played well...no THIS person played well’ is everything you need to know about the game really 

35 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Watched a different game to me then, thought it was one of Brysons best games since season started, and I’ve been a critic of him 

I don’t disagree. He was effective today but so many times this season he’s been running about like a headless chicken. If King brings more control to the midfield he’ll get the nod over Bryson as King for Bryson seems the obvious switch. Mount Huddz King when all are fit.

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

He was ok, but thought Bryson’s performance has warranted more praise if I’m honest.

The Hollywood cross field balls that take 5 seconds to reach the man who is being marked by two men need to stop. Slowed our play in the first half two or three times and everyone is applauding it whole Malone has nowhere to go. Sorry but it’s a nonsense. There were a lot of slow, ‘casual balls’ from him and Tomori too which put is, directly or indirectly, in danger.

He was ok and had a better second half but those performances haven’t been consistent from him either. 

Ambitious rated him a 5

Archived