Rowett ball v Lampard way

FindernRam

11 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I’d just like to say I’ve got all sorts of problems going on today with stuff and this thread has cheered me right up....it’s brilliant.

Great to see  @Curtains and  @RoyMac5 back and in form.

Cheers?

Sorry you have problems today mate.  

We all love the Rams. 

Frankie Lampards black and white army.

Looking forward to going to Hull and Ipswich away .

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Curtains said:

We all love the Rams. 

Don't go to hull away it won't be that exciting.

1 hour ago, Inglorius said:

It depends what metrics they have used to define progress which I can't see clearly stated.

My main metrics were measurable: Points, Goals Scored. Goals against. So far not much progress

Other metrics, less tangible: Team spirit definitely better, Style of play variable but at moment as every new year suffering badly. Individual players: 3 going backwards, 4 getting better (ignoring loanees because they don't count to the future here).

I phrased it around on pitch activity. Off pitch we seem to be doing great things but at the end of the day its on field that brings in the punters and sponsors.

My point of the original question was do the intangible ratings make up for the lack of progress with points etc. Like I said (watching to many Keogh interviews) early season was exciting, more recently its become a bit meh! I know what I think, so my question was what do rest of you think? 

12 pages of letting me know!

5 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Not in my nature to be nasty,loving the opinions mate.

Got a bit going on this week with the club for Joel, I’ll let you know what happens ?

Fab. Hope you manage to get Frank's autograph before Mel sacks him! ?

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

I have been to Hull twice this season already.  Went to the 0-0 away last season also. 

Knew Hull was at PP Saturday lol. 

I know.  Coyr ?

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

We all love the Rams. 

Me and. @Mrs Cone going to Hull for my 50th.

I wasn’t going without Joel but we’re coming.

Mixed emotions...COYR.

Can’t believe Wardrobe plays for Hull #Ridiculous☹️

On 02/02/2019 at 16:11, RadioactiveWaste said:

When Frank's way isn't working the team still work hard, Rowett's team just worked hard.

I think the honeymoon for Frank is over, and now it's the think of the gritty part of the season. So far we've been doing enough to keep pace, if we navigate our way back to decent form sooner than later I think we can definitely say Frank's doing better.

I remember a lot of feeling that well, the rowett way at least we'll keep grinding, but we dropped off the cliff with him as we did Clement and mcclaren before.

Fair comment. The likelyhood is that we will again miss out on promotion, which for me is the main objective. Frank will find it harder in his second season. It is a shame that the high octane euphoria which accompanied Lampards arrival hasn't transmitted into results that would put us in amongst those chasing auto promotion. Next season will perhaps be a bit flat, as FL settles into the status of being just another championship manager.

Regarding Gary Rowett, it seems that so many fans were unhappy with his brand of football (which everyone was aware of) they would have been glad to see him leave. But instead he seems to have become some sort of hate figure. Very odd. Just an observations.

5 minutes ago, europia said:

Fair comment. The likelyhood is that we will again miss out on promotion, which for me is the main objective. Frank will find it harder in his second season. It is a shame that the high octane euphoria which accompanied Lampards arrival hasn't transmitted into results that would put us in amongst those chasing auto promotion. Next season will perhaps be a bit flat, as FL settles into the status of being just another championship manager.

Regarding Gary Rowett, it seems that so many fans were unhappy with his brand of football (which everyone was aware of) they would have been glad to see him leave. But instead he seems to have become some sort of hate figure. Very odd. Just an observations.

I think his daring to leave before he was sacked was not enjoyed...

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Snatching pessism out of the Jaws of an opportunity for optimism I see. 

There's always going to be a schizm on this board, those whom are pigeonholed as rose tinted happy clappers and those earmarked as pessimistic doom merchants. 

Regardless of whatever camp one is deemed to be in being able to hold a reasoned, coherent debate should trump anything else.

3 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

See its funny but I just don't look at following Derby like that. Who are you the grim reaper? Each to there own. 

The grim reaper? 

For saying that we won't really be able to judge Lampard's progress until next season...

Get a grip. 

3 hours ago, Phoenix said:

From my diary of March 3rd last year. Derby win 3-0 at home. Huddlestone scores his 1st goal for Derby, who have now gone 11 games without defeat, and conceded only 3 goals in the last 13 games.

Crude but effective. Where did it all go wrong?

Don't usually quote myself but it should of course read February 3rd, exactly a year ogo.

r

If this thread was started after the Southampton game it probably would've got a different response.

We have shown character this season coming back from 2-0 down to Southampton twice , beating Man Utd on there patch and playing well against Chelsea.

Also we were 2-0 down to the leaders of this division yet came back to win 4-3 or do you look at the way we played against the other side in the top two where we lost both games and didn't really get going in either ?

Rowetts football was so dire it was bordering on boring me to death and to me there is no comparison between the two , yes we have had some indifferent performances but at least Frank is trying to get us playing some decent football to watch.

Friday's game was very similar to what was served up by Rowettball on a regular basis and yet i felt friday that that was due to fact there were so many players out  but we could've won that game if Lawrence wasn't so wasteful and if Wilsons shots had gone an inch the other side.

With Rowett his style was very hard to watch and yet i've personally enjoyed this season so far , Frank is a new manager still and will make mistakes thats for sure and who knows if he's long term going to be succesful here , but i think if he is it will be playing the kind of football that fans like to see.

down in london for example i do overhear people say "Derby look a good side "and "Lampards got them playing well " , I never heard anyone say that about Rowett even though we made the play offs.....then basically tried to defend a 1-0 lead at craven cottage...not what i want to see myself but only my opinion 

On 02/02/2019 at 16:33, Derby blood said:

I think most right minded Derby fans are right behind Frank, and so we should be, I for one have enjoyed most of the season so far, it's nice to see a younger, hungry squad, and I can see so many positives Young players like Bird, Bogle, Thomas and many more players coming from the under 18s and 23s, signing young talent from the lower leagues Marriott and Holmes, and I believe we will be involved in the  play  offs again, love the way Frank is going about his first season in charge, but posters like Mclovin and Findern ram, will always find ways to moan about the team, win the next 5 games and we will hear nothing from them, draw or lose they can not wait to say how bad we are, you bore me, with your negative views, support the team, and start to enjoy your team, are you ever happy with anything in life lol.

Fantastic , very well said 

23 hours ago, McLovin said:

But the point some of us are making is that by the time they do reach some kind of consistency, it will be time for Tomori, Wilson and Mount to go back to their parent clubs, which will disrupt the squad as they’re key players, not to mention many of the others aren’t going to be here next year because their contracts expire at the end of the season so we will have to start the process again. 

Tomori Wilson and Mount are young players that are loans and therfore he's added young quality without shelling out millions which we clearly don't have to get his football philosophy across.

How else could Frank have lowered the average age and got players that would change the style ? we don't have the money , he could've not got those 3 and gone with Butterfield,Pearce and Anya lets say but i don't think we'd have seen the same progress.

Frank's hands have been somewhat tied it seems and although i agree he's made some errors i think his idea of what and where he wants us to go is only good for us  , i actually think he's done well to change the squad about using the money from sales only......

1 hour ago, europia said:

Its fizzling out now imo.

Archived