Please no.......

minesahartington

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, minesahartington said:

Settling down to watch the lads on the box and what do I get... Rowett the pundit. Telling anyone who is listening of his 3 relatively successful spells and one poor one. Also got in a sly dig that last year at this stagewe had more points and were second. The more I listen the more I think how could anyone fail to see his bumbling incompetence shrouded in staggering bravado. What a twit. 

He also neglected to mention that he had money to spend during the transfer window last January and that he bequeathed the oldest squad in the Football League.

I found his stint at stoke hilarious, and much like McClaren at Newcastle, now fate has given the happy slap they deserved I can be far more forgiving.

I think Rowett will carve out a career taking on clubs in the Brum position with low expectations and a need to grind themselves out of trouble. I also think that if he'd stayed we'd probably be in a similar position in the table, by being a year further on in becoming a rowettball team (we'd still be awful to watch but effective). I think his rising English manager star has faded an awful lot though.

17 hours ago, minesahartington said:

Settling down to watch the lads on the box and what do I get... Rowett the pundit. Telling anyone who is listening of his 3 relatively successful spells and one poor one. Also got in a sly dig that last year at this stagewe had more points and were second. The more I listen the more I think how could anyone fail to see his bumbling incompetence shrouded in staggering bravado. What a twit. 

Shouldn't twit ? Have an A in it☺

5 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

No problem with Rowett though I reserve the right to poke fun at various aspects of his tenure.

We got 2 million and Frank Lampard.

But he left us with Tom Lawrence.....

5 hours ago, Harrowram said:

He also neglected to mention that he had money to spend during the transfer window last January and that he bequeathed the oldest squad in the Football League.

Exactly. It's partly his fault we struggling with the ffp situation  which hampered us bringing in a centre back t'other day.

On 02/02/2019 at 15:43, bigbadbob said:

Exactly. It's partly his fault we struggling with the ffp situation  which hampered us bringing in a centre back t'other day.

Sigh! Where's your evidence?

If we've got ambition, then under FFP we presumably will always try to sail close to the wind, but I trust that the owner knows what he is doing. Things obviously went astray with some of the contracts that were signed a 3/4 seasons or so back, according to the rumours surrounding a certain legal case.

Whether certain players have been given the cold shoulder for the deals that were signed, or for FFP reasons no one, other than the club's financial experts, would know. However, it is highly unlikely that Rowett was given free rein on transfers and so would take little or any blame for any perceived problem with FFP.

The only Derby fans that will know the facts will be trained accountants, who are experts on FFP, and experts on the club's finances. I would humbly claim that only a very small number of people come into that category. Anyone else commenting on FFP is merely surmising.

On 02/02/2019 at 15:43, bigbadbob said:

I assume from the laughing emoji that you were being ironic?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived