Is Frank ready for Chelsea

peachmyster

Listening to talk sport this afternoon they were discussing sarri and his future at Chelsea should they lose tomorrow. They mentioned what a fantastic job OGS  is doing at Man U the fact that former hero’s with history at a club can transform confidence and get players playing well again. I understand this does not work at every club look what happened with our previous hero’s managing us.

there question to listens was do they think Lampard will be in the frame for the CHelsea job

my personal view would be I think he would be great fit like OGS is at Man U as the Chelsea fans love him I also think he would go in a flash if the job was offered.i would be gutted if this was to happen as he brings so much to the club

discus / thoughts ?

mods feel free to delete if there is another thread for this as I was not sure where to put

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as Frank is in Management, I imagine he will always be in the conversation about any available Chelsea post. Be pretty shocked if Chelsea were to offer the job to him (this early in his career). Also would be surprised if Frank took it. 

Then again. ?‍♂️

Not a chance. He’s too naive with his defensive structure and I don’t think he quite understands the best roles of players yet, particularly the importance of having some strength and composure in the team. He’s got a great philosophy but he’s not really shown he can implement it yet. Hopefully he should learn and improve but right now there’s no chance he’s ready for Chelsea.

Can't see it at the moment.  Chelsea haven't gone down the inexperienced big name manager route since Gullit.  Their approach with youth players also defaults to a risk averse position.

Frank will need a season or two of moderate success before he would be considered a la Matteo to fill in as a stop gap.  Or a big success before he got the standard 'two years and out' stint as manager.

He is nowhere near ready for a job like Chelsea but that doesn’t mean they won’t do the same as UTD and offer him the job till the end of the season. It’s a no lose scenario for Chelsea, he does well, keep him, he doesn’t, get someone better. If offered, I would be shocked if he turned it down. He may not get another chance and his stock would still be high enough to get another job if it goes tits up. I doubt he would take “any” prem job though but that’s too good an opportunity to turn down 

Nowhere near ready in my opinion. Chelsea fans have a go at Sarri for his slow football when we arguably have been the same with slow, pedestrian passing on many occasions this season. I could see that being a disaster like Thierry Henry with Monaco.

I don’t think the Solskjaer- Man Utd comparison is a valid one because Ferguson is rumoured to be helping him pull the strings at the top whenever he needs it. Man Utd also have lots of money, being the massive club they are,  whereas Chelsea are on a downward spiral with cho and hazard looking likely to leave and abramovic not wanting to spend a lot of money.

12 minutes ago, Hector74 said:

Nowhere near ready have u seen how unbalanced this squad is 1 fit striker who is 32ish no cover at central defence and Evans looks bang average in midfield 

Which squad are you gibbering about?

If it is the squad for tonight i’m Sure Wisdom is on the bench? Waghorn and  Nugent are playing, and the match hasn’t started so how can Evans ‘look’ bang average? 

Chelsea change managers with great regularity so there will be plenty of opportunities for him, and he will forever be linked wherever he is. I don't expect Chelsea will be ready to come calling this time. OGS has had a lot more managerial experience. 

So this time around I'm not too worried. But every time it's good if we are worried, as it will mean Frank's doing a good job with us. He won't be at Derby forever, but when he does go we want him to leave because of his immense success. 

1 hour ago, R@M said:

Which squad are you gibbering about?

If it is the squad for tonight i’m Sure Wisdom is on the bench? Waghorn and  Nugent are playing, and the match hasn’t started so how can Evans ‘look’ bang average? 

Have u seen Evan's play ?

Lets not kid ourselves if Chelsea came calling he would be gone like a bullet out of a gun,Personally i think he as a lot to learn yet given some of the strange selections and substitutions lately.

That said given our non ability to go in to the market for players he wouldnt take no persuasion,not being able to get a CB in is absolutely crazy 

The obvious answer is no. Even OGS had some managerial experience before taking a temporary role at Man U. 

I think Frank is sensible enough to know when he will be ready to take the next step. That next step might not be a top 6 team even. 

I listened to a really good show on Talksport the other day with Motson and Curbishley and Curbs mentioned WHU came in a couple of times when he was at Charlton and he did not think he was ready at that point. I hope Frank has the same sort of thought process and when he time is right he goes onto achieve as much in management as he did as a player. And we can all follow his progress with a bit of pride that we played a small part. 

Archived