Joe Ledley - left by mutual consent

rynny

29 minutes ago, Rample said:

Good on him, only 5 months left of his deal and if he's not going to play then it doesn't suit either of us to keep him here.

Imagine Nuge and Brys would have done likewise if offered but Frank thinks a) they have a role to play, or b) could benefit a rival.

Also if it's a case of simply shifting Ledley out for King, why let anyone else go when you can't replace them.

Would argue Johnson is totally out of the reckoning and could be let go on the same terms, but don't want him rocking back up at Norwich or Leeds right now.

The same Nugent who got offered the chance to go to Bolton but decided to stay and fight his place when we brought in two new strikers in the summer?

Your overall point is correct but if Nugent wanted more game time he had his opportunity to have it

Also with what Lampard has said recently about Johnson I guess there’s a bit of ‘get your head together and work yourself back into the picture’. I’d say he’s in a similar boat to Wisdom where they need to show that extra gear to force themselves back into a regular place.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

The same Nugent who got offered the chance to go to Bolton but decided to stay and fight his place when we brought in two new strikers in the summer?

Your overall point is correct but if Nugent wanted more game time he had his opportunity to have it

Also with what Lampard has said recently about Johnson I guess there’s a bit of ‘get your head together and work yourself back into the picture’. I’d say he’s in a similar boat to Wisdom where they need to show that extra gear to force themselves back into a regular place.

some will disagree but I hope this is the case and he hasn't been shut out.  I don't think we are in a position where we can have too many grand gestures.  I think he could still do a job for us in midfield until the end of the season and ignoring him would be cutting off your nose to etc......

2 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

Don't understand the abuse of Anya. A lot of people making assumptions.

He is highly regarded as one of the nicest people in football. Although i can't think of any reasons at the moment for him not doing what Ledley has done, i'm sure there could be many from within the business.

There's been odd stuff pop up and then go quiet about his situation regarding contracts and payments to Watford etc, so he may be caught in an unfortunate contract situation, but there's also apparently been loan offers in the summer he didn't take. Overall I get the feeling he's fallen out of love with the game and doesn't have the desire.

Shame, he used to be a likeable versatile player.... Until he signed for nigel Pearson....

2 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

Don't understand the abuse of Anya. A lot of people making assumptions.

He is highly regarded as one of the nicest people in football. Although i can't think of any reasons at the moment for him not doing what Ledley has done, i'm sure there could be many from within the business.

I also don't understand references to washing cars, tents on bridges and other such nonsense on here and on Twitter. 

What is behind those comments which were being made even before this transfer window? That type of comment not made about Thorne, Pearce, Butterfield prior to this window who also didn't play

Just unpleasant

1 hour ago, Gritty said:

I also don't understand references to washing cars, tents on bridges and other such nonsense on here and on Twitter. 

What is behind those comments which were being made even before this transfer window? That type of comment not made about Thorne, Pearce, Butterfield prior to this window who also didn't play

Just unpleasant

Frank's interview comments about him before Christmas. He didn't have to make those comments about Thorne, Pearce or Butterfield. 

37 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Frank's interview comments about him before Christmas. He didn't have to make those comments about Thorne, Pearce or Butterfield. 

FL made comments about Anya washing cars and living in tents?

5 hours ago, Spanish said:

some will disagree but I hope this is the case and he hasn't been shut out.  I don't think we are in a position where we can have too many grand gestures.  I think he could still do a job for us in midfield until the end of the season and ignoring him would be cutting off your nose to etc......

Fully agree. Glad to see him and Wisdom on the bench, think they are both two players who need a kick up the harris sometimes to be at their best

• 2 months later...

Archived