Joe Ledley - left by mutual consent

rynny

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Derbyram1983 said:

Wow. A footballer with class, integrity and a real team player in every sense. Wish a few more would have done this to be honest. 

I dunno, I mean he was pretty petty when he retweeted happy Birthdays from Wales, Palace etc and didn't do Derby's. 

8 hours ago, Ambitious said:

He really struggled in the change of system, nothing against him as he was a decent player last season. He actually excelled in Rowett's midfield. He fits a 2x CDM, but doesn't have the concentration or legs to do it on his own. 

I suspect he will still get a decent move, free agents are huge for championship clubs once the season kicks in and injuries arise. I imagine that we will see him in a fellow challenger's team. 

I reckon USA 

26 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Wow. A footballer with class, integrity and a real team player in every sense. Wish a few more would have done this to be honest. 

I don’t blame players wanting to sit on their contracts here either, they are entitled to it, and may have just as much class and integrity as Joe has. Everyone’s situations are different. Good luck to Joe

1 hour ago, Srg said:

I dunno, I mean he was pretty petty when he retweeted happy Birthdays from Wales, Palace etc and didn't do Derby's. 

Lol....sorry but thats got to be the naffest criticism of a player ever.. ?

Joke....I did wonder

20 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Good luck to him. From his note it seems he asked to do something so he could go play.

Think that was why he was a available when we signed him too - Think the offers he had before us were all "you might get games" whereas we said "you will get games" - Got to respect a player who wants to go out and get game time

Good on him, only 5 months left of his deal and if he's not going to play then it doesn't suit either of us to keep him here.

Imagine Nuge and Brys would have done likewise if offered but Frank thinks a) they have a role to play, or b) could benefit a rival.

Also if it's a case of simply shifting Ledley out for King, why let anyone else go when you can't replace them.

Would argue Johnson is totally out of the reckoning and could be let go on the same terms, but don't want him rocking back up at Norwich or Leeds right now.

Don't understand the abuse of Anya. A lot of people making assumptions.

He is highly regarded as one of the nicest people in football. Although i can't think of any reasons at the moment for him not doing what Ledley has done, i'm sure there could be many from within the business.

Archived