Jump to content
Nuwtfly

19/20 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

CM is despairingly thin on the ground 

Thats why we should shift lawrence.

we seem to have loads of wide midfielders.

 

Share this post


Link to post

If we stay down id like us to go for someone like John Ruddy. Dont know how realistic it is but he’s 32, behind Patricio & not getting first team football at the moment. 

I like carson but he’s not been at his best this year. Roos is a good shot stopper & has done well but dont like the way he stays on his like for corners etc. 

Also a replacement striker for nugent & to share the load with Marriott would be nice. Not sure who but a big target man we can lump it up to that can hold it up as a plan B & win headers would be nice 

Share this post


Link to post

Roos, bogle, malone, keogh, ?, ?, holmes, lawrence, Thomas, marriott, waghorn

carson, wisdom , Lowe / MacDonald, davies, forsyth, evans, bird, sibley, elsnik, bennett, ?, mitchell-lawson, mcallister, cresswell, whittaker,

In theory, we might not need a lot of new players. Perhaps 3 ? We could even have a third of the squad being academy graduates.

i expect we will be quite active in the transfer market, but it wouldn't bother me if we tried one season of sticking primarily with what we've already got. Thats what ffp was trying to force clubs to do. Be self-sufficient. live within your means. There have been times in the past when the club used lots of local players. it wouldn't bother me. Not sure that the other fans would accept it. Nor frank?

(Unfortunately we ended up in the third division north last time 😫).

 

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, RamNut said:

Roos, bogle, malone, keogh, ?, ?, holmes, lawrence, Thomas, marriott, waghorn

carson, wisdom , Lowe / MacDonald, davies, forsyth, evans, bird, sibley, elsnik, bennett, ?, mitchell-lawson, mcallister, cresswell, whittaker,

In theory, we might not need a lot of new players. Perhaps 3 ? We could even have a third of the squad being academy graduates.

i expect we will be quite active in the transfer market, but it wouldn't bother me if we tried one season of sticking primarily with what we've already got. Thats what ffp was trying to force clubs to do. Be self-sufficient. live within your means. There have been times in the past when the club used lots of local players. it wouldn't bother me. Not sure that the other fans would accept it. Nor frank?

(Unfortunately we ended up in the third division north last time 😫).

 

Relagation battle

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, RamNut said:

Roos, bogle, malone, keogh, ?, ?, holmes, lawrence, Thomas, marriott, waghorn

carson, wisdom , Lowe / MacDonald, davies, forsyth, evans, bird, sibley, elsnik, bennett, ?, mitchell-lawson, mcallister, cresswell, whittaker,

In theory, we might not need a lot of new players. Perhaps 3 ? We could even have a third of the squad being academy graduates.

i expect we will be quite active in the transfer market, but it wouldn't bother me if we tried one season of sticking primarily with what we've already got. Thats what ffp was trying to force clubs to do. Be self-sufficient. live within your means. There have been times in the past when the club used lots of local players. it wouldn’t bother me. Not sure that the other fans would accept it. Nor frank?

(Unfortunately we ended up in the third division north last time 😫).

 

It wouldn’t bother me either. Uncle Mel is tightening his wallet and I don’t blame him for doing so. If I were in his shoes I would be keen to widen the pathway to the 1st team for our young Academy players.

No contract renewals, no new loans, we go with what we have. A possible team would be:

                   Roos/Carson

Bogle,    Keogh,     Davies/Forsyth/Wisdom,   Lowe/Malone

              Bird,   Evans

Thomas/Bennett,    Holmes,     Lawrence/McAllister

                 Waghorn/Marriott

 

Other options include:  Mitchell-Lawson and Sibley

B4 would love it but I wonder how many games before the fans start screaming....

Share this post


Link to post
On 19/03/2019 at 23:54, B4ev6is said:

I do think younger players need a chance to develope at derby but maybe we do need to look for players aboared were bargins and jems can be found.

English football is the new foreign football. The gems are here

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 15:23, chadlad said:

It wouldn’t bother me either. Uncle Mel is tightening his wallet and I don’t blame him for doing so. If I were in his shoes I would be keen to widen the pathway to the 1st team for our young Academy players.

No contract renewals, no new loans, we go with what we have. A possible team would be:

                   Roos/Carson

Bogle,    Keogh,     Davies/Forsyth/Wisdom,   Lowe/Malone

              Bird,   Evans

Thomas/Bennett,    Holmes,     Lawrence/McAllister

                 Waghorn/Marriott

 

Other options include:  Mitchell-Lawson and Sibley

B4 would love it but I wonder how many games before the fans start screaming....

Bird and Evans as the central midfield? I struggle enough to sleep as it is...please no.....

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Bird and Evans as the central midfield? I struggle enough to sleep as it is...please no.....

To be fair - Pretty sure that was posted before Huddlestone's contract was renewed - AND it would be more of a midfield 3 because Holmes doesn't really play in the number 10 position as suggested there - I don't think the below is a dreadful/sleepless night inducing team?

                  Carson

Bogle  Keogh  Davies  Malone

             Huddlestone

          Holmes      Bird

Waggers                    Lawrence

                 Marriott

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, cheron85 said:

To be fair - Pretty sure that was posted before Huddlestone's contract was renewed - AND it would be more of a midfield 3 because Holmes doesn't really play in the number 10 position as suggested there - I don't think the below is a dreadful/sleepless night inducing team?

                  Carson

Bogle  Keogh  Davies  Malone

             Huddlestone

          Holmes      Bird

Waggers                    Lawrence

                 Marriott

They’ll probably be the only 11 players we have left......😂

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Kamikaze said:

You mean the 21 year old France Youth international they paid over 8 million for from PSG...

 

🙄

Cheeky 500k bid should do it right?

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, jimbobram said:

MM will just sell the Cloughy statue to himself for 50 mil so we can buy who we want. 

I reckon the flag poles out the front must be worth a few million too

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.