19/20 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Nuwtfly

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DcfcJB said:

Joel pereira or Lee Grant on loan from Utd? Both decent keepers that can play with their feet. 

This did make me laugh - I can't imagine a bigger meltdown causing transfer than that. A guy we deemed not good enough a few years ago coming back on loan. 

Ridiculously, I actually think he had a pay increase upon joining United. I read one article that mentioned he's on £20k a week there - madness! 

18 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

This did make me laugh - I can't imagine a bigger meltdown causing transfer than that. A guy we deemed not good enough a few years ago coming back on loan. 

Ridiculously, I actually think he had a pay increase upon joining United. I read one article that mentioned he's on £20k a week there - madness! 

It wasn’t so much he wasn’t good enough for us, it was more Carson keeping him out. He then went to play in the prem with stoke and we received a decent transfer fee for doing so. It was just good business at the time.

Grant was brilliant for us for a couple of seasons, shot stopping was never in doubt and his distribution was the best in the division. Towards the end of his Derby stint he lost his ability to command his area well but I put that down to changing the GK coach as his positioning was lacking. Carson always commanded his box well until last season too where we had a new GK coach come in.

Back to my point I was just pointing out that Grant would be a decent keeper for us, available on the cheap if we want to improve on Roos.  So would Periera

I'd forgotten Michael Hector hasn't gone anywhere yet. Was class at Wednesday last season and is an absolute monster defending set pieces. Rosenior raved about him from memory. That's going to be our favour from Chelsea.  Mark the date.

Absolutely no claim to be itk. This is just what I would do if I were Cocu. 

Archived