19/20 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Nuwtfly

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Players used so far in pre-season (minutes played in brackets)

GK: Roos (170), Mitchell (115)
RB: Bogle (170), Bateman (115)
CB: Keogh (170), Evans (185), Davies (100), Buchanan (39)
LB: Malone (170), Lowe (115), MacDonald (76)
DM: Huddlestone (170), Bird (115), Thorne (45)
CM: Knight (118), Shinnie (90), Dowell (72), Sibley (10)
W: Bennett (185), Lawrence (170), Jozefzoon (170), Whittaker (115), Anya (70), Mitchell-Lawson (50)
CF: Waghorn (170), Martin (115), Marriott (45)

27 players used, and that doesn't even include Carson, Wisdom, Forsyth, Holmes or Butterfield

The guys in bold count as 'youth' players still for me - If they play really well they might break through but wouldn't expect any of them to be starting the first game of the season - And from the rest I'd say Wisdom and Holmes probably round out the squad - So squad size of 21? Plus youfs

Fozzy doesn't seem to be being treated for injury still, he's training with the first team as everyone else is - Do we think he's off?

5 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

The guys in bold count as 'youth' players still for me - If they play really well they might break through but wouldn't expect any of them to be starting the first game of the season - And from the rest I'd say Wisdom and Holmes probably round out the squad - So squad size of 21? Plus youfs

Fozzy doesn't seem to be being treated for injury still, he's training with the first team as everyone else is - Do we think he's off?

It's still 24 seniors at this stage however we look at it. Without outgoings we're hardly short of numbers.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

No

Players used so far in pre-season (minutes played in brackets)

GK: Roos (170), Mitchell (115)
RB: Bogle (170), Bateman (115)
CB: Keogh (170), Evans (185), Davies (100), Buchanan (39)
LB: Malone (170), Lowe (115), MacDonald (76)
DM: Huddlestone (170), Bird (115), Thorne (45)
CM: Knight (118), Shinnie (90), Dowell (72), Sibley (10)
W: Bennett (185), Lawrence (170), Jozefzoon (170), Whittaker (115), Anya (70), Mitchell-Lawson (50)
CF: Waghorn (170), Martin (115), Marriott (45)

27 players used, and that doesn't even include Carson, Wisdom, Forsyth, Holmes or Butterfield

I like this, very informative thanks.

Interesting to see the two players to play the most minutes so far are George Evans and Mason Bennett.

Is this out of necessity or does Cocu really rate them?

I still think if Bennett clicks he can be 1 hell of a force in the championship.

And I just googled Mason Bennett for his age, i honestly would have said he is 25...he is only 22, still a young lad in footballing terms.

12 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I like this, very informative thanks.

Interesting to see the two players to play the most minutes so far are George Evans and Mason Bennett.

Is this out of necessity or does Cocu really rate them?

I still think if Bennett clicks he can be 1 hell of a force in the championship.

And I just googled Mason Bennett for his age, i honestly would have said he is 25...he is only 22, still a young lad in footballing terms.

Probably a slight coincidence. Evans and Bennett played in the 60 minute match vs Bristol whereas the other starters against Burton played in the 45 minute match. It could also be to have a better look at how they can fit into a Cocu team - Bennett has played in 3 different positions during his 185 minutes - RW, LW and AM/SS

Jeffrey Bruma, 27 year old centre back, currently out of the picture Wolfsburg, surprised he's still only 27 but used to be a bit of a beast a few years back! Worked under Cocu at PSV I think?

Bruma, Van Ginkel, Ramselaar... sorted.

On 25/07/2019 at 11:07, cheron85 said:

No chance. What team would take a chance on an older player with such an injury record?

I'd say we're doing everything we can to build him up to peak fitness without pushing him too hard, and seeing him break down again after half a dozen appearances.

We have two decent alternatives for his position, so no need to push him back before he's reached full fitness, or as close as he can get.

He'd be my first choice LB, but this is his last chance saloon injury wise, so I'd be overly cautious on his return date.

31 minutes ago, irobinson said:

Casey Palmer anyone - Chelsea looking to sell / £3.5 mil - Swans want a loan - Bristol are sniffing  around

Never really got much chance at our place 

I'd definitely be up for that. 3.5 mill in today's market is cheap, and could be doubled with one good season behind him! 

48 minutes ago, zaragozaram said:

Alan Judge anybody? Relatively cheap, provides assists, good player.

Another with long term injury concerns and not the big powerful type that some want in midfield and to be honest he would be blocking a place in the team for possibly Sibley and Knight who seem to be main two coming through at this point 

Archived