19/20 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Nuwtfly

On 20/05/2019 at 15:53, David said:

Gareth Bale on loan

They said they'd take a loss on him so might as well take him permanently

Oh btw - Anyone else think if we got promotion there's a lad who got a little bit lost down the road 2 years ago who would fit rather well into Lampard's open, flowing, attack minded team? Shocking facial hair, wonderful left foot...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, cheron85 said:

They said they'd take a loss on him so might as well take him permanently

Oh btw - Anyone else think if we got promotion there's a lad who got a little bit lost down the road 2 years ago who would fit rather well into Lampard's open, flowing, attack minded team? Shocking facial hair, wonderful left foot...

Gis a clue, who you on about? 

2 minutes ago, NorwichExile said:

I know for a fact that Barry Bannan was in the area today. For all I know he was just travelling through, but I'd take a punt on him. Cracking player.

What's he doing in Norwich?

37 minutes ago, NorwichExile said:

I know for a fact that Barry Bannan was in the area today. For all I know he was just travelling through, but I'd take a punt on him. Cracking player.

Someone should have told him he couldn’t get play off tickets at the ticket office ?

12 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Jordon Ibe to be sold by Bournemouth, I’d have him back if we go up 

I think there are better options out there. Flashes of brilliance aren’t enough. He needs to prove himself as a goal scorer and get a run of starts. Too often he gets consigned to the bench.

So, now we know which division we are going to be in - players for our run to the title in 2019/2020...

Im not sure if Roos is the answer. He’s been ok in spurts, and a mistake at Wembley shouldn’t define him, but he’s also not been fantastic. Made some good saves, but so has Carson. If another keeper who can play franks style becomes available for a reasonable price and has more ability...

We also need a new midfield. Shimmied gives us a mobile tackler (hopefully), even if we resign Bradley to reasonable wages, we need some creativity. Holmes gives us some drive and skill, but we could use a ball carrier and a playmaker. Villa’s midfield is their strength, with a good mix that we’ve been looking for since 2014/15. Hourihane and McGinn didn’t cost them the earth either, so it’s not impossible for us to sort that this preseason.

My team for next season would be.......

X = Player needed

X

Bogle      Keogh      X         Malone

Shinnie

Holmes                  X

Lawrence

Waghorn              Marriott

Bench - Roos, Davies, Wisdom, Evans, Thomas, Jozefzoon, Bennett.

We need a commanding goalkeeper neither Roos or Carson command their box very well.

I would think we would be looking at another CB aswell purely because i dont think that Davies is a Lampard kind of defender.

Midfielder? i think we need a midfielder along side Holmes and Shinnie, Bird and Sibley need a full season of football so i would send them on loan for the season. Need a player who can tackle and work up and down the pitch.

Hopefully we can compete next season but im more resigned to the fact that it will be mid table, my thinking being teams having more money plus the teams coming down etc. I hope Frank stays and can take us up next year.

12 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

My team for next season would be.......

X = Player needed

X

Bogle      Keogh      X         Malone

Shinnie

Holmes                  X

Lawrence

Waghorn              Marriott

Bench - Roos, Davies, Wisdom, Evans, Thomas, Jozefzoon, Bennett.

We need a commanding goalkeeper neither Roos or Carson command their box very well.

I would think we would be looking at another CB aswell purely because i dont think that Davies is a Lampard kind of defender.

Midfielder? i think we need a midfielder along side Holmes and Shinnie, Bird and Sibley need a full season of football so i would send them on loan for the season. Need a player who can tackle and work up and down the pitch.

Hopefully we can compete next season but im more resigned to the fact that it will be mid table, my thinking being teams having more money plus the teams coming down etc. I hope Frank stays and can take us up next year.

Like we did with Vydra, think we might have to sacrifice Bogle to fund bringing in loans and a couple of signings.....

29 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Like we did with Vydra, think we might have to sacrifice Bogle to fund bringing in loans and a couple of signings.....

Agreed. As long is the price is right though. Kelly at Bristol went for 13M we need 15M for Bogle, Ive heard 7m mentioned which is shocking. Need to replace him, not sure on Wisdom but the Brentford RB is out of contract i think and hes quite good.

Archived