19/20 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Nuwtfly

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 09:37, RamLad1884 said:

I'd try to get Kasey Palmer back next season on a permanent deal. His stock will be low after having a relatively mediocre season at Bristol and we could possibly get him on a free/low fee. 

Looked decent when he was here and would thrive under Frank's management. 

Not if his brief appearance on Saturday is anything to go by! I'm not convinced by him and would prefer to see Sibley breaking through in that attacking midfield role.

Comments on here about Evans from last week haven't aged well; albeit in a different role. Well done @Ghost of Clough for not giving up on a player who has had little game time.

I realise the same could apply to Kasey Palmer but my point is I think we've got as good in our own youth teams without buying in.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, angieram said:

Not if his brief appearance on Saturday is anything to go by! I'm not convinced by him and would prefer to see Sibley breaking through in that attacking midfield role.

Comments on here about Evans from last week haven't aged well; albeit in a different role. Well done @Ghost of Clough for not giving up on a player who has had little game time.

If the management think Sibley is ready then great - But I've never seen him play so couldn't comment - I have seen Palmer play and thought he looked promising when played through the middle - Thought he looked wasted on the wing - However big question would need to be whether a Holmes/Palmer combo would have enough tackle in them? Stick a DM behind them yeh but would still want at least one of them to be able to tackle (Hughes could, Mount can etc)

I think I've said Evans hadn't impressed so far but needed time - I'll counter that with saying a single good game doesn't mean he's suddenly 'the answer' either - Over time I reckon we'll see the player Lampard obviously thinks he is emerge 

3 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

If the management think Sibley is ready then great - But I've never seen him play so couldn't comment - I have seen Palmer play and thought he looked promising when played through the middle - Thought he looked wasted on the wing - However big question would need to be whether a Holmes/Palmer combo would have enough tackle in them? Stick a DM behind them yeh but would still want at least one of them to be able to tackle (Hughes could, Mount can etc)

I think I've said Evans hadn't impressed so far but needed time - I'll counter that with saying a single good game doesn't mean he's suddenly 'the answer' either - Over time I reckon we'll see the player Lampard obviously thinks he is emerge 

I agree and wasn't referring to you, Cheron. Fact is, we've still got too big a squad to include everybody on a week to week basis and I do think some of Frank's signings were with an eye to the future.

I would rather we got rid of some of the ageing players on expensive contracts than our younger relatively new squad players.

I don't know what it is about Palmer, never did see much in him to be honest, but he could be very different with a decent run in a side.

6 hours ago, angieram said:

I agree and wasn't referring to you, Cheron. Fact is, we've still got too big a squad to include everybody on a week to week basis and I do think some of Frank's signings were with an eye to the future.

I would rather we got rid of some of the ageing players on expensive contracts than our younger relatively new squad players.

I don't know what it is about Palmer, never did see much in him to be honest, but he could be very different with a decent run in a side.

I agree, I think one or two step overs tend to flatter to deceive - plus he hasn’t pulled up too many trees at either Blackburn and Bristol this year.

I’d imagine Chelsea would be looking for millions for him too...

On 25/04/2019 at 09:34, RamNut said:

I'd start from a 4132 base with players we already own. Lets try and get a bit of value out of the players we have already bought.

Roos

bogle      Keogh    Wisdom     Malone

Evans

jozefzoon        Holmes       Lawrence

Marriott           Waghorn

That wouldn't even work on Football Manager.

Van De Hoorn for Swansea was absolutely quality against us on Wednesday, wouldn't mind him signing as he's about the right age and was so calm with the ball at his feet, he would be a good long term replacement for Keogh too. Their goalkeeper looked decent too made a couple of good saves and played well out of the back under pressure from us all game. 

15 hours ago, DcfcJB said:

Van De Hoorn for Swansea was absolutely quality against us on Wednesday, wouldn't mind him signing as he's about the right age and was so calm with the ball at his feet, he would be a good long term replacement for Keogh too. Their goalkeeper looked decent too made a couple of good saves and played well out of the back under pressure from us all game. 

Van Der Hoorn is out of contract as well, but he will be getting paid in his next deal wherever he goes. He’s a very good player, though, you’re right. 

Welbeck leaving Arsenal. Purely fantasy, but if he showed interest and didn’t want excruciating wages - would you?

He is obviously incredibly injury prone, but there’s a lot of talent in there. I think I would say no as we’re not currently in the business of buying expensive players...unless we go up.

8 hours ago, r4derby said:

Welbeck leaving Arsenal. Purely fantasy, but if he showed interest and didn’t want excruciating wages - would you?

He is obviously incredibly injury prone, but there’s a lot of talent in there. I think I would say no as we’re not currently in the business of buying expensive players...unless we go up.

Like you say, I think he is one we would look at if we go up. 

On 05/05/2019 at 21:48, irobinson said:

Bradley Dack Rovers - been said before 

Yes please - Fee would be eye-watering though

On 05/05/2019 at 23:57, r4derby said:

If we go up then yes - In this league his wages would be way too much

If we went up I wouldn't want us to fritter a load of money away on a striker that can't walk into Starbucks without picking up an injury.

As with Daniel Sturridge, a club further up the table that can afford to take a risk as a backup will bring him in. 

1 hour ago, David said:

If we went up I wouldn't want us to fritter a load of money away on a striker that can't walk into Starbucks without picking up an injury.

As with Daniel Sturridge, a club further up the table that can afford to take a risk as a backup will bring him in. 

Too right, we need players who are available every game not the b en injured for five years type but were once classed as good by some newspaper 

58 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Too right, we need players who are available every game not the b en injured for five years type but were once classed as good by some newspaper 

Used to be Roy Hodgson's go to striker for England 5 or 6 years ago

With that kind of accolade.........i'd like to think we can be a bit more imaginative with the cash......?

3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Used to be Roy Hodgson's go to striker for England 5 or 6 years ago

With that kind of accolade.........i'd like to think we can be a bit more imaginative with the cash......?

And Crystal Palace a club which would be a likely destination for him. 

Archived