Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Nuwtfly

19/20 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Reece James - Chelsea player on loan at Wigan. 

Young, strong, clever midfield player. Just what we need.

Frank and Jody get on to your Chelsea chums and make it happen.

As if, just had a look and when Reece James (the defender) left Wigan to go to Sunderland last summer, they signed another Reece James on loan from Chelsea... no wonder I was getting confused 😂

Great player though and would definitely bolster our midfield options

Edited by YorkshireRam

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Reece James - Chelsea player on loan at Wigan. 

Young, strong, clever midfield player. Just what we need.

Frank and Jody get on to your Chelsea chums and make it happen.

Fantastic player. He stood out when they came to us this season too. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, DCFC4LIFE said:

Jamal Lowe from Portsmouth has 14 goals and 9 assists this season, only 24 aswell

Think he'd cost a bit seeing as he's getting promoted with pompy

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

https://the72.co.uk/128861/derby-county-spotted-scouting-greek-game-striker-hits-18th-season/

Scouts have their passports back? Apparently we were in Greece watching a striker.

Seems an odd player from his stats, only recorded a maximum output of 6 in 32 for PAOK over 5 seasons there, shipped out to Atromitos on loan this season and becomes the league's top scorer with 24 in 33. Hard to tell if he's proving his ability now, working in a better system for his style of play at Atromitos than at PAOK, or if he's just having a little bit of a flukey season, but if he were cheap he seems like he could be a good player to take a gamble on.

Also interesting to note Aberdeen scouts were there as well. We're becoming quite inseparable, us and them, aren't we?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, JfR said:

Seems an odd player from his stats, only recorded a maximum output of 6 in 32 for PAOK over 5 seasons there, shipped out to Atromitos on loan this season and becomes the league's top scorer with 24 in 33. Hard to tell if he's proving his ability now, working in a better system for his style of play at Atromitos than at PAOK, or if he's just having a little bit of a flukey season, but if he were cheap he seems like he could be a good player to take a gamble on.

Also interesting to note Aberdeen scouts were there as well. We're becoming quite inseparable, us and them, aren't we?

Its one of those its so random it could be true. Or complete made up rubbish. If its true nice to see us looking further afield for some bargain players.

Higher risk but can really pay off. Better than throwing money on panic buys see Butterfield and Johnson.

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, jimbobram said:

Think he'd cost a bit seeing as he's getting promoted with pompy

They haven't been promoted yet - And we got League One's top scorer last year for a decent fee

13 hours ago, JfR said:

Seems an odd player from his stats, only recorded a maximum output of 6 in 32 for PAOK over 5 seasons there, shipped out to Atromitos on loan this season and becomes the league's top scorer with 24 in 33. Hard to tell if he's proving his ability now, working in a better system for his style of play at Atromitos than at PAOK, or if he's just having a little bit of a flukey season, but if he were cheap he seems like he could be a good player to take a gamble on.

He's only 23 - A lot of strikers don't come into their own properly until they get a bit older

Share this post


Link to post

Good to see the scouting team getting a bit wider, can often find much better players abroad... we must have the fewest foreign signings in the efl, look at the success Norwich have had with them. Even if we don’t find anyone this window I always think a large, spread out scouting network will be good long term.

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Good to see the scouting team getting a bit wider, can often find much better players abroad... we must have the fewest foreign signings in the efl, look at the success Norwich have had with them. Even if we don’t find anyone this window I always think a large, spread out scouting network will be good long term.

I suspect it's more to do with the coaches knowledge base - They have a lot of German players and/or players from Germany because that's the base of knowledge Farke has (and possibly the scouts he brought in)

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I suspect it's more to do with the coaches knowledge base - They have a lot of German players and/or players from Germany because that's the base of knowledge Farke has (and possibly the scouts he brought in)

Yeah true that’s always a factor, certainly made things easier for them scouting in Germany. Still can’t hurt to put some scouts out there, have them scouting and watching games long enough and they’ll build up a similar knowledge level and hopefully would be able to find similar gems.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.