19/20 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Nuwtfly

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still can’t get why Lampard didn’t try wisdom in one of the cup games against lower opposition. I think Davies was injured and we might have been facing Oldham. I thought he was going to start wisdom there for sure. Seems to be really out of favour. Obviously Bogle is by far the best right back especially attacking wise. 

2 minutes ago, Dean_Saunders said:

I think we need to accept that some signings (Evans) have been failures and get rid. Bird/Sibley for me ahead of him.

Evans was a risk worth taking, he was highly rated at Man City and I can imagine Lamps thought he might be able to unlock a decent player.

I think he realised quite quickly that wasn't to be the case.

1 hour ago, Dean_Saunders said:

I think we need to accept that some signings (Evans) have been failures and get rid. Bird/Sibley for me ahead of him.

Bit rash calling Evans a failure. He’s hardly played. His stats show he’s arguably our best defensive mid so I refuse to believe there’s no chance of him making it hear

18 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bit rash calling Evans a failure. He’s hardly played. His stats show he’s arguably our best defensive mid so I refuse to believe there’s no chance of him making it hear

He also got rave reviews against Oldham in the cup, he then looked good when he started against Ipswich before he went off injured. Unfortunately not seen too much of him at home to say one way or the other about him. 

8 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I think the game against Villa was the last straw for many. He was totally inept.

If there is a good player in there somewhere then it’s a shame he hasn’t been able to show it. Some players are just unlucky at certain clubs.

21 hours ago, RamNut said:

I'd start from a 4132 base with players we already own. Lets try and get a bit of value out of the players we have already bought.

Roos

bogle      Keogh    Wisdom     Malone

Evans

jozefzoon        Holmes       Lawrence

Marriott           Waghorn

21 hours ago, brankostrupar said:

that team would get absolutely murdered week in week out......

Really? We don't really know if wisdom can play centre back, or whether evans could play DM, or whether jozefzoon is any good but since we've signed them it makes sense to try them first.

personally i would add to that by bringing in a proper left footed left sided attacking mid. That then gives the option of moving lawrence more central and playing a 4141 

we still need another centre back, another dm, and another central midfielder, and possibly another striker - some of which could be loans. 

We seem to be looking at souttar, shinnie, szmodics, and hastie if the rumours are true. Massey looks like he could play up front. 

Job done.

46 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I think the game against Villa was the last straw for many. He was totally inept.

If there is a good player in there somewhere then it’s a shame he hasn’t been able to show it. Some players are just unlucky at certain clubs.

Was he alone in the Villa game tho? I wasn't there but seem to remember on here that there was criticism of 9 or 10 out of the 11.

35 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Was he alone in the Villa game tho? I wasn't there but seem to remember on here that there was criticism of 9 or 10 out of the 11.

No he was far from alone.

What stood out was how much worse he was than a team of 4/10 performers!

I really hope he can get his mojo back, but think he would need to be absolutely outstanding in training for a protracted period before Frank would play him again.

21 hours ago, rynny said:

He also got rave reviews against Oldham in the cup, he then looked good when he started against Ipswich before he went off injured. Unfortunately not seen too much of him at home to say one way or the other about him. 

I think I would have been able to play defensive mid vs Oldham in my prime (East Midlands Senior League 1998).

I'd try to get Kasey Palmer back next season on a permanent deal. His stock will be low after having a relatively mediocre season at Bristol and we could possibly get him on a free/low fee. 

Looked decent when he was here and would thrive under Frank's management. 

9 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

I'd try to get Kasey Palmer back next season on a permanent deal. His stock will be low after having a relatively mediocre season at Bristol and we could possibly get him on a free/low fee. 

Looked decent when he was here and would thrive under Frank's management. 

Did he do that much for us? Can't get in Brizzle team? Not for me......

Archived