19/20 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Nuwtfly

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DesertRam said:

Being as Huddersfield are on the way down - wouldn't say no to Mooy.

Surely the only reason he would move to another Championship club would be for the money, and as we are looking to reduce the wage bill I doubt we are in a position to better what he's on at the moment.

52 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

just watched Brentford beat a well out of sorts Leeds team and do like the look of Romaine Sawyers although surprised he scores so few goals. 

Not sure how he has played over the season but a reasonable replacement for BJ?

I disagree. I think Johnno has firmly played his way into Frank's long term plans

Loads of people talking about Reece James on loan. Been linked with a £10mill move to palace today.

If he is worth that I think fans need a reality check with regards to tomori and possibly buying him (which the guy behind me at the game says we can do for £5 mill) no chance.

2 hours ago, KBB said:

Loads of people talking about Reece James on loan. Been linked with a £10mill move to palace today.

If he is worth that I think fans need a reality check with regards to tomori and possibly buying him (which the guy behind me at the game says we can do for £5 mill) no chance.

True, and we won’t have £5 million to spend unless we sell well

38 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

True, and we won’t have £5 million to spend unless we sell well

Chelsea being Chelsea may not want to sell him at this stage of his career, after all he's still only 19. They may well prefer to just collect the loan fees.

12 hours ago, Mazzaram said:

I disagree. I think Johnno has firmly played his way into Frank's long term plans

Nah

1) He was bad again yesterday

2) His wages are massive and you could pick up 2/3 players of his quality for half the wages

45 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Nah

1) He was bad again yesterday

2) His wages are massive and you could pick up 2/3 players of his quality for half the wages

We're in need of someone of that mould, though. Someone that provides a bit of physicality all over the pitch, bit of a goal threat, and just simply hands it off to the more technical players.

Maybe that's Graeme Shinnie, but I can't say I know much about him.

3 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Maybe that's Graeme Shinnie, but I can't say I know much about him.

I have assumed that's why Lampard is trying to bring him in and why he's not playing Huddlestone - Get them used to playing with a combative, defensive midfielder rather than the classy, languid 'quarter-back' that Huddlestone is

Just seen that weve been linked to Massey from Wigan - Not overly fussed about the rumour but in response to our numbers out wide i thought id share this in terms of where i think our 'wingers' prefer to play.....

Lawrence - number 10

Bennett - Striker

Holmes - Midfield

Flo Jo - Winger

Waghorn - Striker

Wilson - Midfield/Number 10

In terms of wingers currently at the club - I think only 1 or 2 are actually suited to be wingers. We need pace and creativity and im not sure too many of our wingers offer both these attributes? Not saying we should sign Massey but i think were not as strong in that area as some think. I know Thomas will be coming back but this is just with who we have currently. 

43 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

We've had this problem ever since Mac1. We've always been trying to convert strikers into wingers. Russell, Ward, Weimann, Vydra, Lawrence - all players who were used to that number 10 - second striker type.

Because people need goal scoring wingers if you're playing 3 "up front" - Easier to convert someone who's used to scoring goals into a deeper/wider attacking role than trying to get a winger to have a strikers instinct

Think it's the timing - People have switched to that system over the last 10-15 years and had to convert players to play there - The current crop of youngsters coming through might play in a different way - I'd look at Sterling, Sancho and Hudson-Odoi as examples of the 'new' type of wide-forward - Players whose best position in genuinely out wide in an attacking 3

I'd start from a 4132 base with players we already own. Lets try and get a bit of value out of the players we have already bought.

Roos

bogle      Keogh    Wisdom     Malone

Evans

jozefzoon        Holmes       Lawrence

Marriott           Waghorn

20 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I'd start from a 4132 base with players we already own. Lets try and get a bit of value out of the players we have already bought.

Roos

Evans

that team would get absolutely murdered week in week out......

5 hours ago, RamNut said:

Roos

Evans

Not sure if you're messing about but others also have similar opinions. But why are people acting like we are not allowed to loan players ever again ? Tomori and Mount are brilliant players, but there are more young players more than good enough at this level in chelseas academy alone who can come next season

Archived