Tom Huddlestone

DCFC1388

If we get a fee for Hudds, if we get him off the wages and if it sets him up for the twilight years of his career then its not the end of the world. 

We have Ledley coming back to fitness and Evans to grow into the role. Perhaps Lampard rates Sibley or Bird more than we realise. 

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RamLad1884 said:

If we get a fee for Hudds, if we get him off the wages and if it sets him up for the twilight years of his career then its not the end of the world. 

We have Ledley coming back to fitness and Evans to grow into the role. Perhaps Lampard rates Sibley or Bird more than we realise. 

Not sure about Ledley tbh, Evans, i'm sure will get better with more games. What I've seen of Sibley really excites me if i'm honest, think he'll be a top player for us eventually. I trust frank in what he wants and if that means letting hudds go then so be it.

8 minutes ago, clarkeram7 said:

Massively disappointed by this and he'll be a huge miss. I can not fathom the general feeling from some fans that they'd be happy by this because he's 'not mobile enough' or 'too old'. If this goes through, I'd be concerned because I don't see how this can be a footballing decision. 

A player of his experience and ability to be let go 6 months early with practically no like for like replacement baffles me. We are already thin on midfield options with the probable departures of Butterfield, Ledley and Johnson. Evans may turn out to be a decent player but it's a gamble. It's a gamble because Tom is proven at the highest level and if he goes its leaves us with Evans who was let go by Reading (4/5th bottom) for peanuts and has been average at best in the handful of games so far. 

We've been crying out for midfield steel to protect Tom and let him play his game. The second we're linked with Mulumbu it seems like a replacement.

Much rather have seen Lawrence go and fund new signings. 

Agree with most of that. The consensus seems to be that the defence has been our problem of late. I have always felt that the midfield doesn't give them enough protection and is too lightweight. If Hudders does go I hope Frank has got something up his sleeve..........maybe the midfielder from Fulham who's name escapes me for now......

4 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

I think this window is going to turn out to be a disaster and we will be a weaker team by this time tomorrow...... Hope I am wrong 

Like last years window I fear we will not make the play offs now but I suppose from start of the season everyone said transition mid table gotta be a worry with ffp just hope we are safer in summer with all the loans going back we are going be in trouble 

3 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

I think this window is going to turn out to be a disaster and we will be a weaker team by this time tomorrow...... Hope I am wrong 

bit over the top tbh, we certainly need a cb but if tom goes I don't think it'll be that much of an issue. Frank certainly wouldn't want him gone if he hasn't got other ideas or players in mind.

4 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

I thought last season’s January window was a disaster- this one is just clearing the decks it seems but we will really know in two years 

7 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Udinese are about to sign Ben Wilmot from Watford on loan. I think he's a centre-half who can play as a defensive midfielder.

Not sure if this has any impact on the supposed move for Huddlestone. 

Also looks like Udinese are signing former QPR and Spurs man, Sandro.

Would they be after two CDM? Not so sure...

2 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

I agree, so far it smacks of desperation to get money in and reduce overheads. Hopefully, I'm wrong and there is a plan to go forward.

Considering our league position now, I think that it would be better to give a go and then if we don't get promoted have a fire sale after the season finishes and before our accounts year end.

Just now, ram59 said:

I agree, so far it smacks of desperation to get money in and reduce overheads. Hopefully, I'm wrong and there is a plan to go forward.

Considering our league position now, I think that it would be better to give a go and then if we don't get promoted have a fire sale after the season finishes and before our accounts year end.

Even though the league checks the accounts in March, and would apply any penalty to this season. 

What if it was a points deduction of 30pts, leaving us in League 1 next year?

Archived