Tom Huddlestone

DCFC1388

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Johnson isn't a defensive midfielder at all. He's barely a footballer.

That first half against Stoke was pitiful.

He also played there vs Man Utd and was immense. More mobile than Hudd and probably stronger in there too

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

This doesn't make any sense. January is about making yourself stronger for the final push. Letting go our best defensive midfielder and replacing him with a midfielder who isnt a defensive midfielder is pretty strange. 

Last January we came out of the window weaker than we were at the start.

Got a feeling we might look even worse after this window too.

We need Andy King as well as Huddlestone.

We are poo at January transfer windows and always have been.

Just now, JoetheRam said:

Are we gonna sell Rasiak as well?

Absolutely broke my heart, that did. And to Tottenham. Remember seeing it on the SSN ticker-tape back when it was a channel on freeview. I couldn't hear this song again without having Rasiak-flashbacks...

4 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Johnson isn't a defensive midfielder at all. He's barely a footballer.

That first half against Stoke was pitiful.

Well who is going to give us some presence in midfield then? Don't want to be too negative but from what I have seen Evans aint the answer....

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

He also played there vs Man Utd and was immense. More mobile than Hudd and probably stronger in there too

He’s a decent player who was doing well this season till the bite. Been frozen out ever since whilst we’ve had to endure Bryson and Evens and sometimes both in the side ahead of him. He’s not great at any specific role but decent at several, chips in with a few goals too 

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

He’s good enough to last not far short of that’s here, especially in the prem. Mans a footballing genius, only way to ease the pain would be Hughes coming back

I'm not sure we'd get 5 years, but I'd offer the extension to his existing contract.

Maybe this will be like when Newcastle sold Cole and the fans went mental at Keegan, only to be stunned when he bought in Shearer to replace him.

Welcome home Will.

Huddlestone going will leave us very short staffed in that position. I know Udinese aren't exactly world beaters, but the chance to go to Serie A is pretty enticing. I'd be very interested to see how Huddlestone gets on there if this goes through.

Massively disappointed by this and he'll be a huge miss. I can not fathom the general feeling from some fans that they'd be happy by this because he's 'not mobile enough' or 'too old'. If this goes through, I'd be concerned because I don't see how this can be a footballing decision. 

A player of his experience and ability to be let go 6 months early with practically no like for like replacement baffles me. We are already thin on midfield options with the probable departures of Butterfield, Ledley and Johnson. Evans may turn out to be a decent player but it's a gamble. It's a gamble because Tom is proven at the highest level and if he goes its leaves us with Evans who was let go by Reading (4/5th bottom) for peanuts and has been average at best in the handful of games so far. 

We've been crying out for midfield steel to protect Tom and let him play his game. The second we're linked with Mulumbu it seems like a replacement.

Much rather have seen Lawrence go and fund new signings. 

He’s a Rolls Royce of a footballer in this division and the opportunity to go to Serie A at the latter stage of his career is too good to turn down.

As highly as I rate the Hudd I do wonder if Lampard can sign a midfielder who can improve the balance of the side. There are times when Hudds doesn’t suit our style of play especially when we don’t have the ball.

Im loathe to let a talented player go but if we do it right we could actually improve the side as strange as that sounds.

4 minutes ago, clarkeram7 said:

Massively disappointed by this and he'll be a huge miss. I can not fathom the general feeling from some fans that they'd be happy by this because he's 'not mobile enough' or 'too old'. If this goes through, I'd be concerned because I don't see how this can be a footballing decision. 

A player of his experience and ability to be let go 6 months early with practically no like for like replacement baffles me. We are already thin on midfield options with the probable departures of Butterfield, Ledley and Johnson. Evans may turn out to be a decent player but it's a gamble. It's a gamble because Tom is proven at the highest level and if he goes its leaves us with Evans who was let go by Reading (4/5th bottom) for peanuts and has been average at best in the handful of games so far. 

We've been crying out for midfield steel to protect Tom and let him play his game. The second we're linked with Mulumbu it seems like a replacement.

Much rather have seen Lawrence go and fund new signings. 

Could be that he's been told about the alleged bid and wants to go

Archived