Tom Huddlestone

DCFC1388

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be furious if this happens and we don’t bring in a quality replacement. Miles better side when he is in the team. Evans isnt fit to lace his boots and brings nothing to the game.

King isn’t a holding player and Mulumbu would be going backwards.

Just now, Edtheram said:

Not the end of the world. He can pass the ball but his overall game is lacking in some areas. Lets give Evans time, we need to make some signings in midfield if we lose him though

from what ive seen so far, i can see why evans couldn't get a game for reading

Don't get me wrong, I haven't been overly impressed by Huddlestone in that holding role in a three. He's too slow and doesn't offer enough defensively. But if he goes, we will have lost our best, and arguably only, creative outlet in the centre of the park.

Looking forward to seeing what the plan is with this one, Derby. Fingers crossed for Chris Weale.

It's a great move for him, but I'd not be happy to lose him. He's our best deep lying midfielder by some distance. I don't mind Evans, but he's certainly not as good as Huddlestone, who on his day this season has been as good as anyone in the new system. 

I really hope it doesn't materialise, but it sounds like it's already on its way to being sorted. Sky don't bother with these types of rumours unless they're fact. 

Archived