Nuwtfly

Matthew Pennington

Got to remember it's going to be cover. Unless the deal is right for a player to come in like an Ampadu who can dislodge Keogh or Tomori, it doesnt worry me too much of what comes in. 

He was awful for Leeds last season, not sure about his form this season? If he is doing well, I don't see what Ipswich would get out of allowing us to take him, especially as he's on loan until the end of the season. Equally, if they are willing us to take him off them then we should stay well clear. Wisdom can cover CB, presumably better than Pinnington can.  

22 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

He was awful for Leeds last season, not sure about his form this season? If he is doing well, I don't see what Ipswich would get out of allowing us to take him, especially as he's on loan until the end of the season. Equally, if they are willing us to take him off them then we should stay well clear. Wisdom can cover CB, presumably better than Pinnington can.  

Based on twitter, Leeds fans seem to think he's dreadful, while ''decent'' semed to be the consensus from Ipswich supporters. Having to cancel and re-arrange a loan on deadline day makes me think this won't happen, seems a lot of work for a player that's only potentially cover here when he's Ipswich's starting RB?

54 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

But from a Everton point of view - why would they? He is playing at Ipswich- no guarantee Of any game time at Derby 

Out of contract in the summer.  If Everton are planning on releasing him it makes no difference to them, and maybe the kid has asked because he fancies his chances of getting a contract here. Or maybe he just wants to meet Frankie.

1 minute ago, Rample said:

Out of contract in the summer.  If Everton are planning on releasing him it makes no difference to them, and maybe the kid has asked because he fancies his chances of getting a contract here. Or maybe he just wants to meet Frankie.

Fair enough, but any youngster signing costs money unless they have been fully released 

6 minutes ago, Rample said:

That's his contract with Ipswich which ends in the summer, contract with Everton is until 2021

1 hour ago, Whitefield said:

not a headline name but you would have thought the type of CB we bring in is only going to be required if Keogh and Tomori are unavailable, so we are hardly going to get a top class CB to sit on the bench. 

Ideally we need a good seasoned pro to sit on the bench as cover..... Someone like Alex Pearce maybe if he's available? Urrm? 😞

Edited by oldtimeram

8 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

That's his contract with Ipswich which ends in the summer, contract with Everton is until 2021

I was working on old info, yes, he extended it last summer.

All the same, maybe he's out the door in summer (at 24 I don't think he's getting in there) and wants to try for a deal here. 

11 minutes ago, David said:

Centre backs weakness....crossing. Ok.

Guessing that is when he plays at RB 😉