Matthew Pennington - Joined Hull

Nuwtfly

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

But from a Everton point of view - why would they? He is playing at Ipswich- no guarantee Of any game time at Derby 

Out of contract in the summer.  If Everton are planning on releasing him it makes no difference to them, and maybe the kid has asked because he fancies his chances of getting a contract here. Or maybe he just wants to meet Frankie.

1 minute ago, Rample said:

Out of contract in the summer.  If Everton are planning on releasing him it makes no difference to them, and maybe the kid has asked because he fancies his chances of getting a contract here. Or maybe he just wants to meet Frankie.

Fair enough, but any youngster signing costs money unless they have been fully released 

6 minutes ago, Rample said:

That's his contract with Ipswich which ends in the summer, contract with Everton is until 2021

1 hour ago, Whitefield said:

not a headline name but you would have thought the type of CB we bring in is only going to be required if Keogh and Tomori are unavailable, so we are hardly going to get a top class CB to sit on the bench. 

Ideally we need a good seasoned pro to sit on the bench as cover..... Someone like Alex Pearce maybe if he's available? Urrm? ?

8 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

That's his contract with Ipswich which ends in the summer, contract with Everton is until 2021

I was working on old info, yes, he extended it last summer.

All the same, maybe he's out the door in summer (at 24 I don't think he's getting in there) and wants to try for a deal here. 

Been kept at Everton for so long that he must have summat about him, and I think there’s definite real ability there. But Leeds fans clearly didn’t rate him, do we want someone with such little positive experience at this level in such a key role? I’m not sure we could trust him to Step in if needed so I think this could be a risk too far if true.

Archived