Matthew Pennington - Joined Hull

Nuwtfly

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Only 6', no tattoos, uninspiring surname and not German.

Sounds like kid who joined school after moving to the area and never really made friends. Teacher's often got his name wrong. Ended up doing quite well for himself but always had small social circle.

not a headline name but you would have thought the type of CB we bring in is only going to be required if Keogh and Tomori are unavailable, so we are hardly going to get a top class CB to sit on the bench. 

He was awful for Leeds last season, not sure about his form this season? If he is doing well, I don't see what Ipswich would get out of allowing us to take him, especially as he's on loan until the end of the season. Equally, if they are willing us to take him off them then we should stay well clear. Wisdom can cover CB, presumably better than Pinnington can.  

22 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

He was awful for Leeds last season, not sure about his form this season? If he is doing well, I don't see what Ipswich would get out of allowing us to take him, especially as he's on loan until the end of the season. Equally, if they are willing us to take him off them then we should stay well clear. Wisdom can cover CB, presumably better than Pinnington can.  

Based on twitter, Leeds fans seem to think he's dreadful, while ''decent'' semed to be the consensus from Ipswich supporters. Having to cancel and re-arrange a loan on deadline day makes me think this won't happen, seems a lot of work for a player that's only potentially cover here when he's Ipswich's starting RB?

Archived