Matthew Pennington - Joined Hull

Nuwtfly

9 hours ago, Harrowram said:

Mel doesn't hate the club. He placed his trust in people who wasted his money. He has found owning a professional football club to be very expensive and frustrating. He might wish to sell. That is fine and perfectly acceptable. Just admit it and let the fans make their own decisions.

Think @Kernow was making a witty and funny comment, it’s wasn’t meant to be taken at face value ....... or was it , good point you can’t believe everything you read ...,, now about that late messi transfer we missed out on by 1 minute and 12 seconds 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Harrowram said:

Fact: He trusted the previous chief executive , Clement and Pearson. They spent money on players who didn't deliver and were sacked.

Fact: He has restricted transfer movements over the past 2 seasons while Derby have been well placed for promotion.

Fact: He has stated he wants the wage bill down from £34 million to £22 million.

Fact: The manager wanted a centre half during this transfer window and hasn;t signed one.

What is controversial about my statement?

Is that you, Rafa Benitez?

• 2 months later...
28 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Hull Daily Mail reporting that we're expected to go back in for this lad when the transfer window opens. 

He's out for the rest of the season isn't he? I don't remember what his injury is exactly but if it's anything serious it should be taken into account.

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

He's out for the rest of the season isn't he? I don't remember what his injury is exactly but if it's anything serious it should be taken into account.

Ankle injury apparently, 8-11 weeks. Shouldn't be an awful one.

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

We need someone dominant in the air if we are to improve in this area.  Is he this kind of defender? I don't want us to become boro but some brute force is required still at this level.

I don't think he's particularly known for his aerial ability, however he's 6'1 and did win more aerials per game (4.8) this season than any Derby player did, so you could say based on that it would be an improvement; even though 30 players in the league are ahead of him in that category.

He was second in the league in Interceptions per game (2.7) so it seems reading the game is his big strength; or at least tricking opposition players into mistaking him for their teammate. 

Apparently he’s available on a free transfer, might be worth a punt at 24, best player in an admittedly terrible Ipswich team but could be a shrewd signing, can cover right back so could give bogle some competition as I don’t see wisdom being at the club next season 

4 minutes ago, Kyle guest said:

Apparently he’s available on a free transfer, might be worth a punt at 24, best player in an admittedly terrible Ipswich team but could be a shrewd signing, can cover right back so could give bogle some competition as I don’t see wisdom being at the club next season 

He wouldn't be free. He's contracted at Everton until 2021, but as a 24 year old who looks unlikely to break through, they're probably going to try and shift him this window and he might still end up being fairly cheap.

On 29/05/2019 at 15:16, Andrew3000 said:

We need someone dominant in the air if we are to improve in this area.  Is he this kind of defender? I don't want us to become boro but some brute force is required still at this level.

We always have Forsyth if we can get him back to fitness. Think he could do the job at CB if we need him. I like Malone at LB and there's always Lowe, and Shinnie has played there too so he might have to be converted to CB if he wants game time.

Archived