Sign in to follow this  
DCFC1388

Youssouf Mulumbu - Joined Kilmarnock

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

Well when Lampard has constantly spoken about youth, it seems unlikely he'd be offering the likes of Mulumbu a permanent deal.

I doubt Lampard will be wanting the full team as just being youth, you have to mix it up with experience and with the players out of contract this summer we will be losing a lot of experience especially in centre mid, so I wouldn't be shocked if we got him or someone like him on a permanent to compliment the youthful side of our team.

Edited by DCFC1388

5 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I doubt Lampard will be wanting the full team as just being youth, you have to mix it up with experience and with the players out of contract this summer we will be losing a lot of experience especially in centre mid, so I wouldn't be shocked if we got him or someone like him on a permanent to compliment the youthful side of our team.

I think your experience is more likely to be 28/29, than 32/33.

Not much point discussing him unless we sign him and then if it’s a loan or a permanent signing but we do seem to be in for whoever is cheap, available and would come and I am not saying that wouldn’t be a bad thing

Unlike Andy King, I can't see any case for Mulumbu being better than what we already have.  Can only see this happening if we manage to shift Lesley, and Johnson (Butterfield just seems in no man's land) as otherwise it would be just throwing money away.

1 hour ago, 'Rambe33 said:

...Don't make the mistake we made with Nugent! 

Has it been a mistake though? ... to date, that is.

OK, if he carries on like he is currently, for another 18 months, it may then be considered a mistake, but if he was to leave today, let's say, wouldn't he have achieved more good than bad?

I remember seeing him play for West Brom and being impressed. However, at his age I can’t see he’s an improvement on Hudds.

We are at the Next bargain rack again.