Sign in to follow this  
DCFC1388

Youssouf Mulumbu - Joined Kilmarnock

Link in the Daily Record:

Celtic are trying to get the Jeremy Toljan deal over the line while Maryan Shved’s signing will also be announced. Youssouf Mulumbu is a D-Day target for Derby.

Edited by maydrakin

I can see the thought behind it. He is a mobile, battler in centre mid which we will require beyond this summer just like King but its all down to outs.

If going into next season our centre mids with Evans, Mulumbu, Thorne & King it would provide us with a variety except the creativity that someone like Mount/Wilson possess but Holmes could be that man

Always been a pretty solid and reliable player but he’s getting on a bit now. Might prefer him to king for that role next to mount however I’m not sure, can only presume we’re looking at him for their and not cdm, it we manage to shift a few out.

8 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I can see the thought behind it. He is a mobile, battler in centre mid which we will require beyond this summer just like King but its all down to outs.

If going into next season our centre mids with Evans, Mulumbu, Thorne & King it would provide us with a variety except the creativity that someone like Mount/Wilson possess but Holmes could be that man

Both King and Mulumbu are loans to end the season though, so not entirely sure next season comes into this equation (neither does Thorne).

9 minutes ago, Srg said:

Both King and Mulumbu are loans to end the season though, so not entirely sure next season comes into this equation (neither does Thorne).

Both could be with a view to a permanent deal once we have players off the books and I mentioned Thorne because he will still be under contract

13 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Both could be with a view to a permanent deal once we have players off the books and I mentioned Thorne because he will still be under contract

Well when Lampard has constantly spoken about youth, it seems unlikely he'd be offering the likes of Mulumbu a permanent deal.