Tom Lawrence

RiddingsRam

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Can't do it for him that's Plagiarism.  Also not sure how the bloke who gets the train with me everyday wearing the same coat would like me kicking a ball in his face .  I could give it a go .

Just take proper measument of the reaction and the improvement in his mood the more you do it. Then stick on a very waffly discussion of how it proves man City are to good for mere mortals to appreciate.

job Done.

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Just take proper measument of the reaction and the improvement in his mood the more you do it. Then stick on a very waffly discussion of how it proves man City are to good for mere mortals to appreciate.

job Done.

I'll let you know the result.  Should I use a full on leather casey or one of those £2 plastic ones that go faster and sting more .  I might do both to ensure I get a comprehensive measurement. 

57 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Please feel free to give us your 10,000 word dissertation on football.  You seem to think anyone who thinks 10 million would be good for a player who spends half his life on the bench are clueless.  We wait to educated.

Pretty sure the poster said 8 million but don’t let that get it the way.

And I don’t need 10,000 words, just two “Frank Lampard”, who has rejected the interest in the player. Your welcome for the education though ?

2 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Pretty sure the poster said 8 million but don’t let that get it the way.

And I don’t need 10,000 words, just two “Frank Lampard”, who has rejected the interest in the player. Your welcome for the education though ?

Had heard 10.  8 is fine though.  4 million an ear .  That should be 'thanks for the education'.

7 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Had heard 10.  8 is fine though.  4 million an ear .  That should be 'thanks for the education'.

The post I replied to said no one would be stupid enough to pay 8 million for him - you are saying that they have ?

Maybe I need educating on what your point is, if you are saying that someone has bid 10 million for him ?

2 hours ago, AdamRam said:

Or maybe they would if they watched him play and knew anything about football....just saying ?

29 Appearances so far this season with 0 assists says all you need to know about his play style, then you factor in the fact he has only 6 goals from the countless attempts he has had on goal, he is a detriment to the team most matches apart from the odd bit of quality like against West Brom and Southampton, these moments don't come anywhere near often enough to justify his place in the team.  His defensive ability is shocking as well, Holmes and Waghorn do much more to defensively than him and  you can see he is a mard arse from his sulky body language every time he looses the ball and every time he misses.  He has talent, but talent isn't enough when you shoot from 30 yards every time and most of the time hit absolutely shocking shots, with the odd goal once in a blue moon, and are selfish and provoke the fans.  He deserves all the criticism he gets when he has is bad and all the praise he gets when he is good, unfortunately the good days with him are outnumbered by the games where he contributes hardly anything positive. He is goal scoring winger who wastes more chances for us to score by not passing than actually scoring a goal. 

1 minute ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

29 Appearances so far this season with 0 assists says all you need to know about his play style, then you factor in the fact he has only 6 goals from the countless attempts he has had on goal, he is a detriment to the team most matches apart from the odd bit of quality like against West Brom and Southampton, these moments don't come anywhere near often enough to justify his place in the team.  His defensive ability is shocking as well, Holmes and Waghorn do much more to defensively than him and  you can see he is a mard arse from his sulky body language every time he looses the ball and every time he misses.  He has talent, but talent isn't enough when you shoot from 30 yards every time and most of the time hit absolutely shocking shots, with the odd goal once in a blue moon, and are selfish and provoke the fans.  He deserves all the criticism he gets when he has is bad and all the praise he gets when he is good, unfortunately the good days with him are outnumbered by the games where he contributes hardly anything positive. He is goal scoring winger who wastes more chances for us to score by not passing than actually scoring a goal. 

Listen I'm not Lawrence's biggest fan, but "countless attempts"? 

He has 0.3 (2.4 vs 2.1) more shots per goal than Marriott, he also takes 0.5 less shots to score than Wilson (2.9). A lot of TL's shooting is not the best decision at the time but its not like hes firing 5 a game.

The lack of assists is definitely a criticism, and I also think there's a lot lacking from his game, but stacking up unfair negativity is harsh on him.

2 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

The post I replied to said no one would be stupid enough to pay 8 million for him - you are saying that they have ?

Maybe I need educating on what your point is, if you are saying that someone has bid 10 million for him ?

I've made my point pretty clearly .  It's rumoured we had a bid from Huddersfield in the region of 10 million . Maybe they have or haven't.

I also believe if they have received this kind of offer it represents good value for a player who has pulled up no trees here .

Have I been frustrated with his performances- yes .  Has every game he's played for us been poor- no . Do I sit there and hurl abuse and expletives -no.  Would I go mad if he scored the winner in the play off final against Forest -yes .  Do his performances in a Derby shirt make me think he's a player we must hold on to - no . Do I think he needs tutoring in customer relations to avoid getting as much grief- yes .  He's an experienced player and shouldn't behave like a child .  When I pay to watch a game of football, I don't expect a player to run towards his own fans with his fingers in his ears when he scores.

The last thing I'll be saying on him .  I get he's Mr Marmite

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Listen I'm not Lawrence's biggest fan, but "countless attempts"? 

He has 0.3 (2.4 vs 2.1) more shots per goal than Marriott, he also takes 0.5 less shots to score than Wilson (2.9). A lot of TL's shooting is not the best decision at the time but its not like hes firing 5 a game.

The lack of assists is definitely a criticism, and I also think there's a lot lacking from his game, but stacking up unfair negativity is harsh on him.

Maybe I was over the top  on the attempts bit, but it seems like he is shooting too often becuase he is shooting from 30 yards in positions where only somebody like  Ronaldo or Wilson would be expected to score from.

5 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

“Top players like Tom will always take interest from other clubs” Now that’s a quote from our manager who has played for England won countless trophies on the back of an alledged approach from a premiership club.

So that at least two people in the game who rate him, so I’m guessing that your real name is Pep or something that backs up your opinion of him, just wondering given your original quote was around people who watched him wouldn’t be stupid enough to spend 8 million on him ?

6 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I've made my point pretty clearly .  It's rumoured we had a bid from Huddersfield in the region of 10 million . Maybe they have or haven't.

I also believe if they have received this kind of offer it represents good value for a player who has pulled up no trees here .

Have I been frustrated with his performances- yes .  Has every game he's played for us been poor- no . Do I sit there and hurl abuse and expletives -no.  Would I go mad if he scored the winner in the play off final against Forest -yes .  Do his performances in a Derby shirt make me think he's a player we must hold on to - no . Do I think he needs tutoring in customer relations to avoid getting as much grief- yes .  He's an experienced player and shouldn't behave like a child .  When I pay to watch a game of football, I don't expect a player to run towards his own fans with his fingers in his ears when he scores.

The last thing I'll be saying on him .  I get he's Mr Marmite

Though it wasn't was it?

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

Stopped reading there. 

How many times can you remember a brilliant cross or a defence splitting pass coming from him? You may believe that my argument is irrational on the basis that an assist is only an assist if someone makes it an assist by taking the chance, but he hardly ever puts in any good crosses in , he cuts inside then shoots nearly every time or makes a 10 yard pass that anybody could make,  he doesn't offer much when it comes to creating goal scoring chances and is far often so wasteful.

4 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Maybe I was over the top  on the attempts bit, but it seems like he is shooting too often becuase he is shooting from 30 yards in positions where only somebody like  Ronaldo or Wilson would be expected to score from.

Maybe, but as I pointed out - Wilson wastes more shots.

His decision making is easily his most negative attribute.

He's shown time and time again, he's capable of passing the ball, he's capable of taking the ball past opponents, he's capable of great shots. But 9 times out of 10 he picks the wrong option for the situation. That's the sort of attribute that progress can be made with.

I'm going to continue shouting at my TV until progress is made, but I wouldn't write him off. If he gets that element of his game right he'd comfortable in the prem. 

Archived