Sign in to follow this  
RiddingsRam

Tom Lawrence

Interesting, perhaps we have/ had a replacement someone lined up. I like Tom, but I think he doesn’t contribute enough overall to the team, doesn’t break his neck to get back and defend and his decision making is on par with Johnny  Russells 

6 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Interesting, perhaps we have/ had a replacement someone lined up. I like Tom, but I think he doesn’t contribute enough overall to the team, doesn’t break his neck to get back and defend and his decision making is on par with Johnny  Russells 

None of our wingers track back and defend, maybe Bennett but he offers nothing going forward either.

4 hours ago, Derbyram1 said:

The amount of abuse he gets is embarrassing, glad he stuck his fingers in his ears....would of done the same thing myself to be honest.

Would you be as happy if Keogh gave the fans some stick back? Because Lawrence gets off very lightly compared to him.

And who's to say Lawrence doesn't have it written into his contract that Derby are to let him speak to any club that offer above a certain amount?

4 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Perhaps the next time I get a bollocking at work I can stick my fingers in my ears then.  I'm sure that will work wonders in the real world. 

There is a big difference though. We aren't his boss, we aren't his employer, we are, effectively, the customers. And anyone who has had to deal with shitty customers will have given a little something back when that customer is wrong. 

Good player, game changer on his day. Not particularly likeable though. Never to be a fans favourite anywhere.

Would rather keep him because he'll win us points but I won't be staging a protest if he's sold. Not like I would if Duncan leaves on deadline day.

Tom has been part of teams that had won games and lost games and in some has made important contributions and in others along with other players has had poor games.

People quote the headline figure for his fee what we paid and the initial fee was no where near that,  and is still not there.There are clauses build in that would take it there on appearances,goals, promotion etc also people need to factor in the sell on clause whatever that is.

The sell on will be between 10 and 20% I guess so would have to be a high fee to make it viable got Derby to sell.....so what would be a acceptable  for people taking into account how much the sell on is.

Edited by Rambalin

As we've said all along, he's a no. 10, which is a role we rarely play. Move him out, bring in a left winger and a centre half for the cash and we're probably a stronger side without him. 

8 hours ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Would suggest a bid was accepted then? Be interesting to know the figure. 

There is a player in there somewhere. Just wish he was more consistent. 

8 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Unsurprising he’d turn that down, they’re straight on their way back down. Replaceable mind and would deffo take the money if offered but there’s a player in there somewhere 

8 hours ago, Topram said:

I’d keep Lawrence got potential just needs confidence 

57 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Keep. Frank really rates him so I am surprised by this. 'I am sure there is a player in there somewhere'...….

The problem is, how long do we keep saying this? 

As has been alluded to, Lawrence has the skill and the touch to be a game changer, but he is too inconsistent.

So is it a case of heart over head? - He might come good so keep him (MIGHT) being the operative word = heart

Sell if a decent figure comes in and try and get someone in who will play consistently? = head (even then will the new guy fit?

Don't think he's a good enough passer for this team. 

Definitely a good player, just frustratingly inconsistent and selfish. 

If we can get a good price for him and replace him with better , then it's good business. 

Wouldn't be disappointed to keep him either mind