DCFC Fans 10 Years Online, Thank You!

Day

Thanks @David @Boycie and to all the mods. This is a great forum. Lots of varying opinions but we’re all united in one thing and that’s our love for the mighty rams!!

My football despising wife won’t thank you by the way, she thinks it’s sad I post on here and that I spend too much time on here - I don’t even post that often. Think if I was ever a mod I’d probably be divorced!

Here’s to another 10 years!!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats and thanks to all involved.

It's been feast or famine for me over the years with the forum. My most active time coincided with a real period of unhappiness and relationship break-up. The forum was a great escape, brought a smile to my face and allowed me to project my dismay at the world onto a number of unsuspecting members! Sozza.

Despite the ranting and disagreements, it's mostly good natured and people seem to be able to see the funny side, which is a stark contrast to the rest of the internet! That's a great achievement all said and done.

I agree with the poster (can't be arsed to check who it was) that said the forum's main strength is that it brings different folk together. Too much of the internet operates in a vacuum and you only see people who have views and life experiences that mirror your own or the complete polar opposite, which results in fingers in ears shouting. There's a great mix on here and you can learn a lot by just taking the time to read other's opinions and point of view.

I don't post much anymore but I like to check in every now and then to see which transfer targets people have seen in Homebase, what breakfast is available at the training ground and what @froggg has had for his tea...

Keep up the good work @David and your minions... 

Is it really 10 years since the forum was born

Wrist slashers, happy clappers, Eddie’s sharp scorn,

Pitchforks, poems, long winded rants,

Posters from everywhere, several from Hants!

Daveo and Boycie like an old married pair

Wumming and trolling the gumps over “there”

Non-league Nigel, Commons and Hulse

Dcfcfans taking the pulse

Bickering, moaning, threats of violence

And that’s just the mods under David’s guidance!!!

This forum has mirrored the life of a Ram

Joy and despair and occasional spam

From Wembley to Scunthorpe and points in-between

We’ve raged and praised and vented our spleen

Wildlife, sofa’s plenty of poo

politics, sex, religion taboo

Hours wasted instead of working

Reading, posting, laughing, lurking

So, here’s to the next ten and success for the Rams

Happy Birthday dcfcfans

xx

Ten years? @Davidhas done an epic, thoughtful, fun and all-round brilliant job.

Mods too. And most of the posters. 

I remember being a poster on a different forum, and just coming on here as a one-off to say my piece about one thing (no idea what now). Needed a spur of the moment username and must have been thinking cosmological thoughts at the time. 

Ended up staying. It's an excellent place, always evolving and staying ahead of the curve. And really well run. Long may it last.

DCFCfans forever! 

1 minute ago, richinspain said:

I don't like mushy peas. Does that make me a softy southerner?

You’re very southern to be fair, it’s tinkered with your taste buds.

You’ll think sticklebacks in olive oil is the food of gods, when it’s a travesty on a plate in my opinion youth.

I would also like to thank you David. For a guy who is thousands of miles away from the club he loves (and I'm not talking about Port Vale) it has been a plesure to be able to come here and see what's going on.

Even greater impact has been the fact that somehow I have been able to make friends with some of you nice people there.

I haven't been in here much lately but that doesn't mean that I appreciate this site less.

So I just want to say keep up the good work David, and thanks for you, mods, admins and fellow posters for making this site worth visiting for.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Well at least you can tell whose signature is whose. ? 

Nice gesture. Gonna get it framed?

Ha, spotted a few with the help of numbers! 

Framed definitely, been given permission to go up on the living room wall. 

Archived