Sign in to follow this  
gccrowdpleaser

Calum Macdonald

Called this in that predictions thread👀 Right move without a doubt, he’s on the first team periphery but not quite there yet, a bit of men’s football will do him the world of good progressing.

7 hours ago, Waffle said:

Crazy how we keep getting rid of top u23 players and we seem to get no worse

He hasn't gone yet. There has to be a breaking point.

Keep sending them away and the team will undoubtedly suffer.

However on the plus side, I see it as building for the future

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

He hasn't gone yet. There has to be a breaking point.

Keep sending them away and the team will undoubtedly suffer.

However on the plus side, I see it as building for the future

29 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Maybe we rate some of our u18s so highly and the only way to expose them to the u23s is to send some of the u23s out on loan.

I don’t think it’s a bad thing, it’s just such a strange correlation. Credit to the academy 

4 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Maybe we rate some of our u18s so highly and the only way to expose them to the u23s is to send some of the u23s out on loan.

nice little bottle neck process there

1 hour ago, Rample said:

McDonald reminds me of Bogle from what bit I've seen. Decent going forward but not so good at defending.

I'd say the opposite. Take his ability from set plays out of the equation and it's the defensive side of his game which is best. He used to be very rash in the tackle, but it's something which he has worked on a lot over the last year.

At the start of the season I was worried he'd become another Hanson type utility player with us. Fortunately, it seems either he or the club has decided he'll be a left back. He needs a good couple of loan spells out now and come back fighting with Lowe for a spot in the first team.

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'd say the opposite. Take his ability from set plays out of the equation and it's the defensive side of his game which is best. He used to be very rash in the tackle, but it's something which he has worked on a lot over the last year.

At the start of the season I was worried he'd become another Hanson type utility player with us. Fortunately, it seems either he or the club has decided he'll be a left back. He needs a good couple of loan spells out now and come back fighting with Lowe for a spot in the first team.

Nice to hear, as I said it was from the little I'd seen him in previous years, where he looked a liability defensively, lacked discipline and left a lot of space. Last time or 2 I've seen him he was at centre half.