Scouser wants sympathy

Mr. P

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sort of irrelevant to what the thread intended but i'd just like somebody to clear up what i have never been able to get out of my head, no matter how hard i have tried.

I'm not saying it to be controversial, i just genuinely want a convincing explanation.

Why aren't a minority of Liverpool fans blamed in any way, shape or form? Some people turned up to that game despite being warned not to go if you don't have a ticket. Still to this day there are quite a lot of Liverpool fans doing the same with fake tickets at away games in Europe. (Probably other fans do it too, i just seem to see a lot bragging about it).

The huge majority of those Liverpool fans, the families and the city are indeed victims.

Unfortunately as long as this blame game goes on, i don't think the deceased can truly 'Rest in Peace'.

Not one person intended for this disaster to happen. It's absolutely tragic & will never be put right, whoever is locked up or blamed.

13 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

People on here and other areas of the Internet have an irrational dislike of Scousers. For some strange reason, they have an issue with Liverpool fans not being too happy about what went down at Hillsborough. As someone whose paternal family comes from Liverpool, it grinds my ducking gears.

I 'dated' a girl fro m Liverpool at uni and she had truly wonderful breasts - So I've always been rather found of the scousers - But then I try not to judge an entire group of people based only on the experience of one... Except Leeds fans, there's obviously something wrong with them...

42 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I 'dated' a girl fro m Liverpool at uni and she had truly wonderful breasts - So I've always been rather found of the scousers - But then I try not to judge an entire group of people based only on the experience of one... Except Leeds fans, there's obviously something wrong with them...

This thread is useless without photos.

59 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Dyed blonde hair? False eyelashes that look like dead spiders? That lip botox stuff?

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

pics or gtfo.

1 hour ago, SouthStandDan said:

I don't understand why people want to get involved in violence. What are you trying to prove exactly? Just go and enjoy the game.

To a tiny minority the game is irrelevant - it's just the vehicle they use. Fairly sure we have some of these idiots amongst us.

2 hours ago, cheron85 said:

2 hours ago, King Kevin said:

This thread is useless without photos.

leeds_united_fans_celebrate_after_the_sk

You're welcome.

3 hours ago, cheron85 said:

So you’re saying not every scouse necessarily has a spectacular breasts as that one particular scouse.

That’s a bit disappointing. I almost wanted to actively seek out scousers and get to know them (sort of a scouser outreach programme). But I won’t bother if they’re not all guaranteed to have great boobs. 

3 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

Sort of irrelevant to what the thread intended but i'd just like somebody to clear up what i have never been able to get out of my head, no matter how hard i have tried.

I'm not saying it to be controversial, i just genuinely want a convincing explanation.

Why aren't a minority of Liverpool fans blamed in any way, shape or form? Some people turned up to that game despite being warned not to go if you don't have a ticket. Still to this day there are quite a lot of Liverpool fans doing the same with fake tickets at away games in Europe. (Probably other fans do it too, i just seem to see a lot bragging about it).

The huge majority of those Liverpool fans, the families and the city are indeed victims.

Unfortunately as long as this blame game goes on, i don't think the deceased can truly 'Rest in Peace'.

Not one person intended for this disaster to happen. It's absolutely tragic & will never be put right, whoever is locked up or blamed.

I get what you’re saying. 

Youre sort of not allowed to say it, and it certainly pails in comparison to the ineptitude and gross incompetence of the authorities and media in the situation, but there will be more than a couple of Liverpool fans who were not faultless in the situation. 

Probably not enough to make a big deal out of it, it’s probably 98% police, 2% fans or something. But it annoys me that it’s not really allowed to apportion even an iota of blame to the fans.

45 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

So you’re saying not every scouse necessarily has a spectacular breasts as that one particular scouse.

That’s a bit disappointing. I almost wanted to actively seek out scousers and get to know them (sort of a scouser outreach programme). But I won’t bother if they’re not all guaranteed to have great boobs. 

Paul Jewell had some massive knockers on him.

15 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I get what you’re saying. 

Youre sort of not allowed to say it, and it certainly pails in comparison to the ineptitude and gross incompetence of the authorities and media in the situation, but there will be more than a couple of Liverpool fans who were not faultless in the situation. 

Probably not enough to make a big deal out of it, it’s probably 98% police, 2% fans or something. But it annoys me that it’s not really allowed to apportion even an iota of blame to the fans.

Totally agree.

I don't doubt for one minute that there were some that were hell-bent on gaining entry any which way they could, with or without a ticket.

I don't doubt for one minute there were some who were too drunk, too aggressive, or too frustrated to act a little "out of character", when that opportunity arose.

I don't doubt for one minute there were some that went purely for the craic, and no doubt hoping for a bout of fisticuffs at some stage.

...But I sat and watched the whole tragedy unfold before my very eyes (Live on TV), at what started out as "enjoyable watching" (I've already hinted at my prior dislike of scousers), as it seemed it was kicking off... yet again... in the Liverpool end!  But slowly... oh so slowly... it became evident this was something else... something "a little scary"... then slower still, something so horrifying, so stunning, so shocking. 

I never moved from that screen for 4 hours solid.  I lost count of the times I muttered to myself "There but for the grace of God go I".  I couldn't move if I had wanted to.  This was too close to home.  They were all doing what I was normally doing on a Saturday afternoon (although clearly I wasn't at OT that afternoon).  I was watching total strangers... but was seeing myself, and my mates.  I sat, I watched, I cried.

I don't doubt for one minute that nobody went to Hillsborough on that day, to kill and injure.

I don't doubt for one minute that everyone who died, every one who suffered, and everyone who lost loved ones, did so as innocent victims.

RIP The 96.

xxx

29 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Totally agree.

I don't doubt for one minute that there were some that were hell-bent on gaining entry any which way they could, with or without a ticket.

I don't doubt for one minute there were some who were too drunk, too aggressive, or too frustrated to act a little "out of character", when that opportunity arose.

I don't doubt for one minute there were some that went purely for the craic, and no doubt hoping for a bout of fisticuffs at some stage.

...But I sat and watched the whole tragedy unfold before my very eyes (Live on TV), at what started out as "enjoyable watching" (I've already hinted at my prior dislike of scousers), as it seemed it was kicking off... yet again... in the Liverpool end!  But slowly... oh so slowly... it became evident this was something else... something "a little scary"... then slower still, something so horrifying, so stunning, so shocking. 

I never moved from that screen for 4 hours solid.  I lost count of the times I muttered to myself "There but for the grace of God go I".  I couldn't move if I had wanted to.  This was too close to home.  They were all doing what I was normally doing on a Saturday afternoon (although clearly I wasn't at OT that afternoon).  I was watching total strangers... but was seeing myself, and my mates.  I sat, I watched, I cried.

I don't doubt for one minute that nobody went to Hillsborough on that day, to kill and injure.

I don't doubt for one minute that everyone who died, every one who suffered, and everyone who lost loved ones, did so as innocent victims.

RIP The 96.

xxx

I was too young to know what was going on with hillsborough, so when anyone talks about it, it’s all too far removed for me to think about it so viscerally. Like my granddad telling me war stories. 

But what you’re saying reminds me a lot of what I felt watching 9/11 unfold. I watched that from just after the first plane. 

I remeber findjng it really hard to differentiate that I wasn’t watching a disaster movie, that it was a real film. I actually remember thinking ‘wouldn’t it be cool if the building fell down,’ which would be a spectacular set piece in a Roland Emerich film. And then if did fall down, and I had to remind myself this is live, real footage, of live, real people. And that was very shocking and sobering. 

Archived