Can derby win fa cup and promation

B4ev6is

I think derby can win fa cup and promation this season in the league cup and fa cup we have knocked out manchester untied and southamption and pushed chelsea all the way in the league cup.

We have no fear In style of play and our willingness to win again. Today we had to dig in deep were cridit stantley today they made exstremly hard for us to break it down but in the end we got the goal that put us in the next round of fa cup. We remain in 6th place but a win on friday against preston north end will help keep that gap in the play offs places but also I hope ashley cole expance will be final peace of jigsaw.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Matt H said:

Manchester City exist, so no.

Not in any world are we capable of beating Man City, Liverpool out Tottenham on a game where they put out their strongest side 

Man City full strength playing to their ability will beat any team on the planet but they’d rest players etc and let’s not forget they only beat burton 1-0 the other day, I know the tie was over but a lot of good players played in that game... if they only beat them 1-0 why can’t we beat them if they put a team like that out? 

Derby haven't actually beaten any of the Premier League sides they've played this season within the confines of normal time, and they played United at exactly the right time to get a draw at Old Trafford - United as they are playing under Solksjaer would batter this Derby side.

Additionally, whilst it is true a lot of Premier League sides have gone out, there is still Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs and City - all of whom could field weakened sides which would turn over any Championship club.

Derby have almost zero chance of winning this season's FA Cup.

Promotion is possible via. the playoffs, but they need to make sure they avoid the annual post-January slump (I think they will) before even a finish in the top six can be  confidently entertained.

Man City, Tottenham, Chelsea and Watford are still in the FA Cup. Success will depend on avoiding them. Having said that I don't see why Derby can't progress and make the semi-final or final. Personally I would prefer to clinch promotion. Living where I live Tottenham at Wembley or Watford away would suit me in the next round. It is no disgrace to get knocked out against a good Premier League side. It is , however, a disgrace to get knocked out by the likes of Wimbledon.!

8 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Man City full strength playing to their ability will beat any team on the planet but they’d rest players etc and let’s not forget they only beat burton 1-0 the other day, I know the tie was over but a lot of good players played in that game... if they only beat them 1-0 why can’t we beat them if they put a team like that out? 

You answered your own question there mate. The tie was over, they have a lot of games left so they were probably saving themselves. If they needed to, they would have upped the tempo. 

Man City hammered Burnley 5-0 yesterday playing at about 50% and I doubt Guardiola will make the same mistake he did last year. Even if Guardiola by the off chance completely changed his team, their ‘b’ team at the moment contains Kompany, Otamendi, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Jesus and Mahrez.

It’s nice to dream but we need to be realistic, if we come up against them, especially at the ethiad then it’s game over. 

If we get a lucky draw though then we might make the quarters.

Anything can happen in the cup really, all depends what draw we get. Strangely enough if I was to bet on it, I think we have more chance of winning the fa cup than we do of getting promotion. We’ve been pretty good and shown real character in one off ties this season, and I think the ability of our staff in the past to get results under pressure could give us a chance, if we can avoid United, city etc early on. Promotion I don’t think we’ve got much hope of, it normally turns out that the teams who perform the best and most consistently go up and that hasn’t been us this season. We’ve been pretty fortunate at times to get where we are and I’m not convinced we’ve got the squad quality compared to others to compete this season.

Of course, reach the playoffs however and again anything can happen. But it’s just getting there that’s the problem.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

You answered your own question there mate. The tie was over, they have a lot of games left so they were probably saving themselves. If they needed to, they would have upped the tempo. 

Man City hammered Burnley 5-0 yesterday playing at about 50% and I doubt Guardiola will make the same mistake he did last year. Even if Guardiola by the off chance completely changed his team, their ‘b’ team at the moment contains Kompany, Otamendi, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Jesus and Mahrez.

It’s nice to dream but we need to be realistic, if we come up against them, especially at the ethiad then it’s game over. 

If we get a lucky draw though then we might make the quarters.

How do you play at 50% out of interest? 

Do you only run half as fast?

Kick the ball half as hard as normal? 

Tackle half as hard as normal?

If they had played at 100% would it have been 10-0?

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

How do you play at 50% out of interest? 

Do you only run half as fast?

Kick the ball half as hard as normal? 

Tackle half as hard as normal?

If they had played at 100% would it have been 10-0?

I'd have put more at 45.56% but that's just me 

Archived